Hey, I just wondered to get my emails Quicker I can just point my domain ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

r1ch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Delete from server

Advertisement

Hey,

I just wondered to get my emails
    Quicker I can just point my domain email (me@me.com) to the blackberry email that was allocated to my device from t-mobile.

However, if I do this is there anyway I can delete my emails from the blackberry server?

I just feel a little uneasy that my emails are forever lost in cyberspace with noway to permanently delete from the server.

Thanks in advance.

andrewthomas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521F913

Re: Delete from server

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~use BIS as is, ok you may have a five minute delay, but if you do not get emails that are that time critical it is your best bet.

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ ok so just to confirm; emails that are fowarded to my blackbbery email cannot be deleted from the main server in anyway? I'm just really intrigued to know.

I do get emails that need to answered almost instantly I was waiting for an email for over 30mins.

Thanks for any advice.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by r1ch007; 05-22-2007 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Automerged.

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

With only BIS, forwarding to your blackberry.net email account will get the email to your BlackBerry faster than just monitoring the email address.

The problem is that you'll only be able to reply from that address, and would have to forward from your other addresses to have that be the reply-to email address.

One thing you probably want to avoid is actually using your blackberry.net email address. You have no access to the email other than on your BlackBerry, and there's no SPAM filtering, so if you use the address and start getting SPAM, the only way to prevent it from getting to your BlackBerry is to turn forwarding OFF on the account, then ALLOW specific email addresses or domains to be forwarded (white listing).

The next version of BIS is supposed to have faster response. One other thing. I have both Gmail and Yahoo Plus accounts monitored, and the Gmail accounts typically arrive on my BlackBerry within a few minutes - not the case with the Yahoo account. It's very unusual for Gmail to arrive more than three minutes after it is SENT (not even after it arrives, which I can't actually track anyway).
    JerryD

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by r1ch007
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ ok so just to confirm; emails that are fowarded to my blackbbery email cannot be deleted from the main server in anyway? I'm just really intrigued to know.
    If you're on BIS 2.x they're not stored anywhere. If you're on BIS 1.8 you can log in and delete them or set your BB to delete on handheld and server under Messages->Options (that setting won't do anything for BIS 2.x) or you can also set messages to expire when logged into BIS 1.8.

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    The problem is that you'll only be able to reply from that address, and would have to forward from your other addresses to have that be the reply-to email address.
    Definitely consider this. Your replies will come from you *.blackberry.net address and not your personal email account. You can set the Reply To but you can't alter the From (except on BIS 1.8). Integrating the account with BIS as you have alrady done allows you to reply and forward from your personal email address.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewthomas
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~use BIS as is, ok you may have a five minute delay, but if you do not get emails that are that time critical it is your best bet.
    POP polling can actually take up to 15 minutes.
    Last edited by takeshi; 05-22-2007 at 10:34 AM.

PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ hmmm very interesting; but how do I go about finding if I am on BIS 2.0?

Thanks.