Results 1 to 5 of 5

my wife is using her dads old 8700c, he left his contact list on the ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

  1. #1
    jimdarcy's Avatar
    jimdarcy no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    156

    Delete 8700 contact list??

    Advertisement



    my wife is using her dads old 8700c, he left his contact list on the device memory. I would like to delete the contacts that are in device memory and use only the contacts that are on my wifes SIM card. i searched, but was not able to find this exact answer, thanks in advance
    Jim

  2. #2
    mikadad's Avatar
    mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Posts
    1,159

    Re: Delete 8700 contact list??

    install the Desktop Manager if you do not already have it, then go into the Backup/Restore icon, ADVANCED in the list on the right side you will see Address book. delete that and it will remove all the old contacts.
    Michael


  3. #3
    jimdarcy's Avatar
    jimdarcy no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    156

    Re: Delete 8700 contact list??

    Quote Originally Posted by mikadad
    install the Desktop Manager if you do not already have it, then go into the Backup/Restore icon, ADVANCED in the list on the right side you will see Address book. delete that and it will remove all the old contacts.
    2 stupid questions

    1. am i just downloading the BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.2 SP2 (English)??

    2. once the device address book has been deleted, will the SIM address book show up automatically when the address book icon is clicked on?
    thanks
    Jim

  4. #4
    graphreak's Avatar
    graphreak no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    164

    Re: Delete 8700 contact list??

    Quote Originally Posted by jimdarcy
    2 stupid questions

    1. am i just downloading the BlackBerry Desktop Software v4.2 SP2 (English)??
    Yes, and you'd need to install it too - if you do not have any version of DM on your PC yet.
    Be careful- when you attach the 8700c to your PC first time and bring up DM,
    it will ask you to Automatically Backup your Contacts and other data on the phone.
    It might be a good idea to Cancel this and then do the rest as mentioned by Mikadad.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimdarcy
    2. once the device address book has been deleted, will the SIM address book show up automatically when the address book icon is clicked on?
    thanks
    Jim
    Usually it wont as far as I can remember.
    You'd need to click in Trackwheel and go down to "SIM Phone Book"
    which will bring up the phone numbers there.

    HTH
    Last edited by graphreak; 09-01-2007 at 01:21 PM.
    ~Graph
    8700g>DASH><8320><P1i><E71-2><G1>

  5. #5
    jimdarcy's Avatar
    jimdarcy no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    156

    Re: Delete 8700 contact list??

    thanks very much, i can see now that my wife has 15 contacts, so i may manually put those in after i delete the old ones via the DM
    thanks very much!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •