I have an 8703e running on a 1XEVDO wireless network, and the problem I have ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

alwaysatwork no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Delayed response to incoming voice calls

Advertisement

I have an 8703e running on a 1XEVDO wireless network, and the problem I have is delayed ringing when there is an incoming voice call. The device will not respond, whether it's holstered or not, until 4 rings have passed on the caller's end. I noticed this odd behavior after the Enterprise Activiation, because the device was responding immediately to voice calls before the activation. "Killing" and removing the account from the BES server does not rectify the situation. Only Wiping the handheld and reconf'g the cell# back on the device will voice calls respond immediately again. Then upon Enterprise Activation again, the delay kicks in again. Has anyone experienced this? Otherwise, everything else on this BB works great!

"Normal" Phone settings in Profiles is set for:
    Out of Holster - Tone
    In Holster - Vibrate + Tone

BES Server is version 4.0.5.5 with SP5a applied.

Thanks in advance

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Delayed response to incoming voice calls

Hello alwaysatwork and Welcome to the Stacks. I know that if you have a profile set to Vibrate + Tone, it will vibrate first and then ring (BB's don't have the current ability to vibrate and ring at the same time). As far as your "out of the holster" issue, I'm not sure.

Someone with a little more BES experience should be able to help you the rest of the way.

Thanks ljbyar for the warm welcome. In-holster Vibrate + Tone does respond with vibrate, vibrate, tone, as i would expect it to do, but it just takes 4 rings from the callers' end before the the first vibrate. By that time, if I'm quick on the draw and answer on the first vibrate, 5 rings from the callers end has already lapsed, which would seem to be an eternity.

I finally resolved this issue by re-installing BB Desktop Manager and syncing with the 8703. I had trouble installing the software due to a previous BB DM version. I kept on getting an error message during the install. Anyways, I installed DM on another box and synced, and everything is happy now!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysatwork
    I finally resolved this issue by re-installing BB Desktop Manager and syncing with the 8703. I had trouble installing the software due to a previous BB DM version. I kept on getting an error message during the install. Anyways, I installed DM on another box and synced, and everything is happy now!
    Very happy to hear that it is worked out for you.

sachin98200 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23FAF990

Question Delayed response to incoming voice calls

Dear Stackers,

I have a problem, when someone calls me up. It takes approximately 5 seconds before he can hear my voice after I take the call.

Kindly help

Sachin