I installed Opera mini (love it) and piconews (not so much). When I click a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

rrsarge no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2040AD56

Question Default browser

Advertisement

I installed Opera mini (love it) and piconews (not so much). When I click a link on a news item in piconews it brings up the page in the BB browser. Is there a way to make Opera mini my 'default' browser'?

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Default browser

As of right now there is no way to change your default besides wap or internet.

rrsarge no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2040AD56

Hopefully RIM developers haunt these boards and come up with ideas for later OS versions. :cry:

strawberry no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by rrsarge
    I installed Opera mini (love it) and piconews (not so much). When I click a link on a news item in piconews it brings up the page in the BB browser. Is there a way to make Opera mini my 'default' browser'?
    Hi i have installed Opera Mini (brilliant) there is a sort way around the default browser.

If you customise your middle button btwn the red and green button to Opera mini, when you press it it goes straight to Opera.

Mind you it may not be a good idea at present to make Opera the true default browser because as far as I am aware Opera does not support downloading links which can be a pain if you wanted to download a link from your email and if Opera was your default you may have to keep swapping btwn Browsers

bmedude no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i agree although I am deeply in love with o/m bb browser should be left alone as the default browser

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I tend to agree with bmedude. I think Opera-Mini's graphics are superb, and I love the fact that it allows greater access to the Web.

But it took over a week for me to get it to recognise my GPRS signal, and I had entered a proper APN address and everything. It is a wonder I got it to work at all, but I can be a disgustingly persistent creature.

Also, the server tends to go down more than I like. I am also something of a blogger and it only allowed me to enter a set amount of text.

So, considering that (and the fact that I only have a choice on my default browser as wap or internet), I will stick to the BB browser.

But yeah, Opera-Mini is nice beyond that. Much prettier than Minuet--although it serves the happy purpose of accessing all HTML format web sites (supposedly).