Hey everyone, I just got a new Blackberry and I don't have a data plan ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Corbishley no está en línea Stack level 2

Data Plan for 8703e

Advertisement

Hey everyone,

I just got a new Blackberry and I don't have a data plan for it. From reading other posts, I see where some people feel this is a mortal sin for a BB user. The problem is I have the 8703e and the salesperson I had at Verizon just had no idea how to guide me. I know that to properly utilize this device, you need a data plan. Anyone familiar with the Verizon service and data plan structure want to offer up some guidance? How should I go about getting the use out of this equipment and getting the proper plan?

Thanks for the input.

-Mike

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Re: Data Plan for 8703e

Quote Originally Posted by Corbishley
    Hey everyone,

I just got a new Blackberry and I don't have a data plan for it. From reading other posts, I see where some people feel this is a mortal sin for a BB user. The problem is I have the 8703e and the salesperson I had at Verizon just had no idea how to guide me. I know that to properly utilize this device, you need a data plan. Anyone familiar with the Verizon service and data plan structure want to offer up some guidance? How should I go about getting the use out of this equipment and getting the proper plan?

Thanks for the input.

-Mike
    Greetings Mike, and Welcome to the Forum!

I might suggest that you go to the Verizon web site and browse the available data plans they offer. On the web the information will be accurate and something you can count on.

With all the great things you can do with your new BB, you will probably want an unlimited data plan. They have personal plans, called BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS). This is not to be confused with a BES plan which is for companies not individuals.

Verizon may have it's own name for the plan. When you buy an unlimited plan, they are priced reasonably and then you can use all the email and surf the web all you want.

I'm on Cingular and use a BIS unlimited plan, text message plan and voice plan. This way I get maximum enjoyment from my BlackBerry without being concerned about incurring a huge bill for data usage.

Just jump in, get an unlimited plan and enjoy learning your new BlackBerry. The best experience and way to get to know your new BB is to spend some time browsing around here and using your new device.

I had no idea when I first got mine, how much I would enjoy and use it.

Cheers...

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: Data Plan for 8703e

You need a Blackberry data plan. Depending on how you want to use the device, I recommend an unlimited plan to start. Youdon't wnt to get hit wiht unexpected usage charges until you know how much data you will use.