I have recently purchased an unlocked 8700. This unit is an oem branded for T-mobile, ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

dsargent no está en línea Stack level 1

Data connection refused on unlocked blackberry

Advertisement

I have recently purchased an unlocked 8700. This unit is an oem branded for T-mobile, but has never been locked or activated by them. I purchased it from Tigerdirect. When I try installing my SIM card(rogers) in this device, it will work as a cell phone, but get a 'data connection refused' error message and I cannot get mail, browse or anything on the data side of things. I know my plan/sim is good as it works in my old blackberry, it just doesn't like this new one. I am new to the world of unlocked devices, but it seemed like a good deal for the device. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make this work? I also have a BES that would push messages if that helps at all.

Thank you in advance.

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    do you have a data plan with your network (rogers) if not that is the problem, you can have BES but with no data plan its useless,

just a side note, if you do by chance get it to work w/o having a data plan on rogers, your probably getting charged per KB which can get very expensive very quick (just happened to me)
    **There are 2 types of people in this world: those who use the search bar and those who do not**

dvcanada no está en línea Stack level 1

WAP only on Rogers BB8700

I have unlimited mobile browsing (WAP) and thats all i want. Is there a way to have the 8700 work without a BB data plan and only with the mobile web plan?