Can anyone elaborate on this for me? I just received my Blackberry 8700g and I ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

louee6 no está en línea Stack level 3

Data Connection Refused

Advertisement

Can anyone elaborate on this for me? I just received my Blackberry 8700g and I just inserted my sim card and it seems to be working to some extent. Can't seem how to access ringtones. I was able to find pictures but can't seem to download any from computer. Is there any other way to download ringtones and wallpapers to the BB besides email, cause right now i'm stuck with stock everything! Sorry guys if all this have been asked but as ya'll can see imma newbie. Please feel free to leave links, suggestion, or ideas to help me out. thanks guys

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Data Connection Refused

Have you signed up for a BB Data Plan yet. Otherwise it's going to be a hassle to load pics and tones, but it is posible. Read and follow the instructions in the Re: Ring Tones and Pictures without a Data Plan Thread. You will need to download the Blackberry Jave Development Environment (JDE) and the proper simulator from the Blackberry Downloads site.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yup, need the BB days plan...

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

There are generally three causes for the Data Connection Refused message:

1. No Blackberry data plan
    2. Provisioning for the Blackberry data plan isn't complete
    3. Carrier GPRS/EDGE outage

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9

Hi louee6, perhaps we need to go back to basics here (I know I did not so long ago).

Your BB will provide voice and text functions with either a pre-pay or standard contract SIM inserted, provided the SIM is that of the phone service provider or the phone is unlocked. It will not provide any form of internet browsing, unlike a "conventional" mobile, unless data as well as voice is activated. Typically, this is only available with a contract as opposed to pre-pay and cost (in the UK) is about Ł15 per month on top of your voice contract. If your device ( BlackBerrys are soooo much more than just a phone ) is on pre-pay there is no way to access full BB functionality, you WILL need a contract. I hope this helps, if it was too basic, please forgive.

pissydrunk no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just switched to a BB 7290 from a MPx220 (Windows Mobile). It was on Cingular and I could surf the net no problem without a data plan. It would take away minutes when I used it but not much. So now, with my BB, there's no way to use anything internet related?

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    With a data plan there is!

pissydrunk no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've been messing with Opera mini and other internet using progs and they refuse to completely go through. However, in my account history on Cingular it shows where it takes out GPRS usage from my minutes everytime I try to connect!