I have a blackberry 8703e, and I have a problem, at the top of the ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Bozo no está en línea Stack level 1

Data Connection refused?

Advertisement

I have a blackberry 8703e, and I have a problem, at the top of the screen it says "data connection refused" what deos that mean? how do I fixed, the blackberry was fine, when I downloaded Ramble, the blackberry was fine but then like a week later "data connection refused" shows, and I am unable to connect to ramble... I did take Ramble of off the blackberry, because I have no used of it and the "data connection refused" still shows up. How do I make it go away?... I need help fast
    Edit: I tried the cold reboot (turn off bb, take battery out, wait 15-30 seconds) it didnt work...
    Last edited by Bozo; 12-27-2006 at 10:19 PM.

Dirty Cash no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    3G
    Not sure of what could be causing your problem. I have an 8703e as well with VZW and from time to time depending on the area that I may be in I get a data connection refused as well. Usually moments later it'll "fix" itself or the battery option works. I have to assume that you have an active dataplan on your account...if so, give your carrier a call...there may be an "outtage."

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ok, i just found out that my mom called sprint and canceled the internet, which blocked me from getting on Ramble...thats probably why "data connection refused" showed up, but I deleted Ramble because its pointless for me to have Ramble when I already have aim on the computer... so will the "data connection refused" temporary or permanent?? cuz that title is bugging the hell out of me... but although Sprint messed up my mom's and my phone phone...we can't send anything at all, we can recieve sms and voicemail but we can't call or sms anybody...

updated information: well my mom is on the phone and tried to cancel the contract but it cost $500 to cancel...wtf! and sprint isnt gonna do anything about the internet thing, so I will have to pay $60 for there messup so we will keep our blackberries till next year...I hate sprint so right now she still on the phone asking why they blocked my mom service and sprint is too retarded to answer her questions...
    Last edited by cp6169; 12-29-2006 at 10:08 PM.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    ETF's are the norm for all carriers. I'm not sure why you're surprised. As for your data connection refused issue, if your mom removed the Blackberry data plan then why is it Sprint's fault? You'll get that message as long as you don't have a Blackberry data plan.

DrWoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23D11279

Re: Data Connection refused?

well.....

Either
    A) someone is entirly too young to have a blackberry
    or
    B) try prozac, it works wonders....

Seriously though, i'm confused... You try to get out of contract and you are pissed about the ETF? Here's a little tidbit of info.. Sprint has one of the lower ETF's.....

I would have to agree with Takeshi on this one and go a step further... WTF?!

lol.
    Dr. Woo

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Re: Data Connection refused?

This is a golden opportunity to remember that when signing a "contract" it's best to read and understand it. By doing so, one avoids the "surprize" of extra charges or conditions that must be met.

There is no substitute for knowing what you are getting into when you or a family member signs something that you are involved in.

Cheers.....