I have a 8700g and am using "normal" as the active profile in the profiles ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

sstephanie40 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Custom Phone Tune check box with red line thru it. Why?

Advertisement

I have a 8700g and am using "normal" as the active profile in the profiles option.

I have also set some custom ring tunes for contacts via the address book facility.

The profiles screen is fine - below the line it says: Use Active profile Except for: (and then lists them - this check box is ticked)

However if you go into a "calls from xxx" - via the edit option, the custom phone tune tick box is struck thru with a red line, the song choice is still there tho.

It does appear to work ok - the ring tone assigned is being played when they call - but why is this box struck thru?

Any answers???

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Custom Phone Tune check box with red line thru it. Why?

I believe that that just means you can't change the Use Profile Options in that exception. It also may mean you can't edit it to change the tune, meaning you would have to open it in the address book to change it. You can create new exceptions from the Profiles Menu. I find that the better method, because it allows you to change the Use Profile option. I have all mine set to Active Profile. The exception will follow the Settings for the active profile, except for the actual ringtone used, which will be that in the exception.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

sstephanie40 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: Custom Phone Tune check box with red line thru it. Why?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    Thanks!your're right! All mine are indeed set to the active profile, except for the tune which is the exception. At least nothing is screwed with my settings! How did I ever manage before?!