Now the Sprint store says they can't fix it. My question is this. If they ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

reemusk no está en línea Stack level 3

Cracked the LCD cover on my 8703...

Advertisement

Now the Sprint store says they can't fix it.

My question is this. If they send it off to get it replaced...do I have the deductible and such since I have TEP on my account?

Also, should I wipe my BlackBerry before I send it off? Will they send me a new one or fix the one I have?

I'm a little confused and the business rep didn't sound too educated on the subject.

can anyone assist me?

P.S. yes, I've thought about replacing it myself, but I want to replace the whole housing...that seems to run me a bit pricey, and i can only find the gray housing.

Any ideas/suggestions/information wuold be greatly appreciated. thanks.

pentacle no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23D3EDBA

Re: Cracked the LCD cover on my 8703...

Wipe the device completly off. But first back it up with desk top mgr. And I have the 8700g BB and my deductible is 100$.yours may be different. They will not repair yours. Not sure what TEP is, I'm assuming its insurance. If its not you might be _ssed out. Just get a fresh one. Usually the ones they send are refurbished, not brand new ones

Quote Originally Posted by pentacle
    Wipe the device completly off. But first back it up with desk top mgr. And I have the 8700g BB and my deductible is 100$.yours may be different. They will not repair yours. Not sure what TEP is, I'm assuming its insurance. If its not you might be _ssed out. Just get a fresh one. Usually the ones they send are refurbished, not brand new ones

i see. TEP is total equipment protection...just like your repair service/$100 deductible

sorta stuck now. can't get the speaker/speakerphone out