8703e was working fine yesterday, full charge on battery, stuck it in my pocket and ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Big Boz no está en línea Stack level 1

Couple of questions

Advertisement

8703e was working fine yesterday, full charge on battery, stuck it in my pocket and about an hour later went to make a call and it shows the battery with the red line through it. Pulled the battery and I get the same thing. Left it on the charger all night and same thing in the morning.

If the battery is bad, should I be able to acces the device through the desktop software with the battery out and connected through the usb?

Looking through the forums I thought maybe I needed to reload the OS. When I try to do that, it goes through the "Load JVM and Sys Software" step, "Wait for device initialization" step but on the "Reconnecting to JVM" I get unable to complete loading operation. Unable to reconnect to device during a multistage load.

Any ideas of what may wrong?

IODebbie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BBCB3E

Re: Couple of questions

Try charging it with a different charger - or charge by connecting it to your computer with a USB cord.

When my husband first got his phone, we thought something was wrong because it would not hold a charge - it would look like the battery was fully charged after we charged it overnight, but within a few minutes, it would go off. After we hooked his phone up to my charger, it worked fine. We exchanged his charger and all has been fine since.

And yes, you should be able to get power with it hooked up to the computer even if the battery is bad.

Big Boz no está en línea Stack level 1

nope, not the battery. Swapped it with a co-workers and his works with my battery mine still shows the battery w/red line through it.

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

could the the connectors on the phone where the battery connects to the phone. they are either dirty or broken.