Hello everyone - I am new here and so far I love this forum. Thanks ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

RU_BB no está en línea Stack level 1

Couple of basic ?s

Advertisement

Hello everyone - I am new here and so far I love this forum. Thanks to everyone for contributing. I have the VZW 8703e and I love it. Now for the questions:

1) is there a simple way to lock this device without having to scroll to the Lock icon on the main screen? all the literature says "Click Lock" - do they mean the icon? There must be a better way to do this. My colleagues have said (and I read it here as well), hold down the "k" key, but that doesn't work on my device. I really hope there is an expedient way to lock the device because scrolling down to lock is a royal pain every time prior to put ting it in my pocket (I dont use the holster)

2) When making a call, I can hit the speaker/$ key to go to speaker mode. Clicking the same key again doesn't always take me off that mode. Anyone else experience this? Is this a phone defect?

3) When I get call waiting, I can see the new caller, and I can switch over. When I switch BACK, the screen continues to show the 2nd caller, not the person who I switched back to (the original call) even though the second call has ended. Am I using the wrong method for switching back and forth?

Thanks in advance!!

jpik no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D77CB7
    for your first problem goto options>>screen keyboard>>scroll down to front or side convenience key and assign either one to keyboard lock.

other probs, don't know I'm still learning my 8700c myself

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Hello RU_BB.

To lock my 8703e w/ Sprint I have "Dial From Home Screen" off and I press the "K" key.

Thank You!

Jpik - thanks a bunch. I am very happy now

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Having the dial from home screen off is a good option. For the record to lock just tap the "k" key, if you hold it down it will ask you if you want to assign a speed dial or call whoever is assigned to "k" if you have set it up already. I have an 8703e w/ Verizon is well, send me a pin message or a im at yahoo or google if you have further questions re further customizing your phone. My pin is 3014D7C9, on yahoo and google I'm mcgowan08. If you haven't done so already you may want to check ou the Zen theme. I can send you an OTA link if you'd like.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    On my 8700c my dial from home screen is on and I can press K and my screen locks. Maybe a provider thing. I'm not sure about the speaker function or the call waiting issue.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thanks for the offer. I am so new, I dont even know what a theme is yet. still learning every day.

I just figured out how to download pix of my daughter