I appreciate any help and advice any of you can offer and I apologize for ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

klnaco no está en línea Stack level 1

Could Use a Lot of help...please...

Advertisement

I appreciate any help and advice any of you can offer and I apologize for the length here but it's gotten complicated

I am currently a Verizon subscriber. I just received a BB 8703e from my sister-in-law that had this for a year + and did not use it The BB was originally set up for Sprint. After being bounced multiple times back and forth between Sprint, Blackberry and Verizon, the phone was removed from the Sprint DB but they were not able to give me the MSL (which they thought would be necessary to use with Verizon). Verizon tried again after this and the phone was still not activated.

1) Can this Sprint 8703e be set up and used with Verizon?

2) If so what steps are necessary?

3) Assuming I can this up and running, what s/w upgrades should I consider for the phone and desktop?

Thanks

Ken

bsjmcconnell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4029C610
    Found this, you can see if it helps

http://www.howardforums.com/archive/...1121856-1.html
    “There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.”
    ----Woody Hayes

klnaco no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the thread. I actually had seen this and skimmed it last night before contacting everyone today. Sprint tells me they can't find or supply me with the MSL (needed for the procedure in the thread), BB couldn't;t supply it either.

Interesting to note though that Sprint 'suggested' I use a pay site which will unlock the phone. My thinking is that the pay service will most likely have to fo to Sprint or BB to obtain the MSL to provide to me. Is this wrong? Where else would they get it from?