Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is the correct way to remove 8700 c from holster? Do you push in ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jhatzis99 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DA6BE4

correct way to remove bb from holster

Advertisement

What is the correct way to remove 8700 c from holster? Do you push in slightly or push the side to twist out?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: correct way to remove bb from holster

As I am sure you have figured out, the stock holsters for the 8700's are terrible. However (I don't know if this was in the book, I didn't look), I did see someone with an 8700 in their holster the other day, and the keys and screen were facing the towards the inside, which when I started to think about it, are probably the correct way (Like I have said before, I am a guy and I don't follow directions/instructions well). I doubt there is really a correct way. I went out and bought a different case for the 8700 just because I hated the original holster (And thought it didn't work ) so I just grab it from the top with my thumb and middle finger and flip it out to look at it. I know one of these days soon its going to slip out of my hand, then I'll really be P.O'd at myself. As for the stock holster, I did it the same way.

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

I have the leather holster and I grab mine with thumb and index finger, then palm it as it is released from the holster. I wear it on my left side, although I'm right-handed. It feels natural and secure. I better not drop mine!

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I wear mine on my left and I am right handed too... interesting
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Right Handed, Right Side.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Right handed, left side.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I keep mine just in front of my right hip. I use the hard holster that came with my 8700. I keep it turned so the top of the BB is facing my crotch. It's slightly easier to grab it with my thumb on top and the rest of my hand on the bottom, and just slide it out sideways. It's much more comfortable when sitting down and standing, seems not to stick out as much, and it never gets caught on things like the vertical pouch of my 7100.

JPSKILLZ no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    26273ecc

Thumbs up Re: correct way to remove bb from holster

Str8 up and down, the way it came. I jus pull it out, don't know how . . . I jus pull it out. Hahaha.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by N8DBB
    I did see someone with an 8700 in their holster the other day, and the keys and screen were facing the towards the inside, which when I started to think about it, are probably the correct way
    It definitely should be face in. The area around the space bar has a sensor to detect the magnet in the holster to disable the keypad, shut off the screen, and to switch the device to its holstered profile. It can't detect the magnet if you holster it with the face out. On top of that, with the device facing out your screen isn't protected and your shift keys will end up badly scratched over time.

Egrips on the battery door will really help with unholstering the Blackberry.

_Bulz_Eye_ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c2287a

keys and screen were facing the towards the inside is correct, Helps procets the screen from getting all messed up. No matter if you pull it up or down, do it more than 3 times in a row than your playing with it. .

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

The guy I bought my 7290 from was putting it in the holster with the face outside, the blue silver case was severely scratched up because of it I ordered a black case from bbrepairshop. I don't think he ever realized he was putting it in the holster backwards.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I pull my 7100t out of its case with my thumb, index and middle finger then let it slide into the palm of whichever hand happens to land on it when it vibrates LOL I don't think there's a set way as long as you don't drop it. I put my 7100t in the OEM case face in as this activates the sleeper magnet. With my open face case and my 7105t, the only way is face out.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 05-04-2006 at 12:23 AM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruminator
    I have the leather holster and I grab mine with thumb and index finger, then palm it as it is released from the holster. I wear it on my left side, although I'm right-handed. It feels natural and secure. I better not drop mine!

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    Exactly LOL Just as long as you don't drop your 'Berry, it's really a user preference

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

I find wearing mine on the left side very good for riding in the car (since I'm usually the driver). The device is clear of the seat belt and easy to reach with my left hand.

It's interesting that a number of us dexters prefer to handle the sheathed BB sinister! More interesting is that I've been left-eyed most of my life. I think I'm left-eye dominant. When I used a surveyors transit (and theodolite), I always used my left eye. I also prefer to shoot left-handed, although most weapons are for dexters, so I accommodate.

Curiouser and curiouser...

alval11 no está en línea Stack level 2

I'm right handed and I wear the 8700c on my left mainly because of my car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast