On answering a post on shortcuts to bb applications I remembered quite a cool and ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jamesgraylx no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203f5731

Cool shortcuts

Advertisement

On answering a post on shortcuts to bb applications I remembered quite a cool and possibly strangely familiar bar...

Alt and back button equals what I think is recent apps and a home screen icon.

This bar you see at the top right of the pinstack pages from a pc!

JUst thought you,s all like to know!!!!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgraylx
    On answering a post on shortcuts to bb applications I remembered quite a cool and possibly strangely familiar bar...

Alt and back button equals what I think is recent apps and a home screen icon.

This bar you see at the top right of the pinstack pages from a pc!

JUst thought you,s all like to know!!!!
    Just to clarify, by the "back" key you mean what is also called [Esc] - the button below the scroll wheel.

The ribbon of apps are apps that are currently running. Apps that are always running are "Home" (the home screen), Phone, Mail, Browser (engine) and BlackBerry Messenger (if installed). If you just exited say Solitaire completely, it will not be on the ribbon.

Some programs, like Berry411, run at startup and will appear in the tasks ribbon, but if you go into it and escape out it will quit. To maintain its full functionality you need to [Alt][Esc] out of it.

Other apps, like BBWeather and IM+, you need to explicitly Exit, otherwise it will simply "Close" and stay running.

J
    JerryD

oxide-tones no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2058FAF3
    to clarify further for complete newbies, this is like alt-tab on a windows pc, except this part:

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    Apps that are always running are "Home" (the home screen), Phone, Mail, Browser (engine) and BlackBerry Messenger (if installed).
    the "ribbon" is the pop up that shows whats running plus the mentioned "always running apps"

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

And for Mac users, it's the same as Apple Key + Tab.