Hello I just got my BlackBerry last Saturday and since then I'm trying to put ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

emferrari no está en línea Stack level 1

Smile Configure coroporate e-mail

Advertisement

Hello

I just got my BlackBerry last Saturday and since then I'm trying to put my corporate e-mail on it. I configured my personal POP3 e-mail fine but I'm having problems with the MS Exchange one.

I called my company's IT services (I work offsite) and asked them to configure my blackberry in the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. They did and said to me follow the instructions:

After installing your desktop software:

• Click on Instellysinc
    • Click on Configure PIM
    • Click on Calendar
    • Change setting to synch wirelessly
    I've done this, but no icon for the coroporate e-mail appears in my device and the Desktop software shows the following: Wireless message reconciliation is NOT currently enabled. Please see Message List Options on the BlackBerry device for these settings.

I also looked into the help of the device that told me to go to the enterprise activation on the advanced options. I couldn't find this as well.

I called the IT services and they want me to mail the BlackBerry (no WAY ), I need it.

Can somebody please kindly help me solve this issue?

Thanks!

Eduardo

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    Hello emferrari, welcome to pinstack. I am not a BES pro at all, but my first thought while reading your post was to do an enterprise activation. That is the easiest way to get your corp email on your BB and to sycn wirelessly with it.

Your IT department must give you the code for it. Enterprise activation can be found under options, advanced, then enterprise activation.
    Anyone else want to chime in feel free...

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7
    If you are offsite do you have a connection to the corporate network (VPN or something)? That is the only way their instructions could possibly work for you. cp6169 is correct - assuming they have a BES version that is capable your best bet is enterprise activation. The IT boys would setup an activation password.

If you aren't seeing an Enterprise Activation icon (should be one on the Home screen) nor in Advanced Options then it is possible your carrier didn't provision that service and you would have to speak with them first.

Further - if Enterprise Activation isn't an option due to the BES version then you would need to be on a PC that is connected to the corp network.
    PIN: 303150C7

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    emferrari, Welcome to PinStack.

Can't help with this particular problem, but let us know if there is anything we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    You do need to go through Enterprise Activation. You can either do this wireless via the Enterprise Activation icon on the Blackberry (or under Options) or by syncing with Desktop Manager, assuming you're on the company network.

Note that the EA password is not your email password. Your BES admin must supply the EA password.

emferrari no está en línea Stack level 1

Wrong plan

Hello

Problem solved. The guy who sold the BlackBerry did the wrong data plan on Cingular Wireless.

Thanks all!

Eduardo

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)Cingular has to have the dumbest in-store personnel. I've had 4 new purchasers in the last 2 weeks come to get activated only to find out their plan was wrong. Rarely see that from other carriers.

bmartin1192 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Cingular does have very bad in-store personnel. I am the BES Admin for my company and the majority of users I get that have their BB from Cingular have to call them back up to get the correct service plan. I even had that problem with Cingular. Good products but bad service!

calaloco no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Configure coroporate e-mail

I have 6 blackberries with Blackberry Enterprise Server and Microsoft Exchange, Inbox and Sent Items are working great, but how can I do the same with Contacts and Calendar???

Thanks in advance.

UWCDAD no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Configure coroporate e-mail

Are you looking at the Folder View or are you looking in the Calendar and Address Book Icon from the main BB screen? Contacts and Calendar entries should have imported during the Enterprise Avtivation...