Hi all. I've attempted to search for this. but haven't found the answer so I ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

kublid no está en línea Stack level 2

complete wipe

Hi all. I've attempted to search for this. but haven't found the answer so I figured I'd ask.

I've had my 8703e for awhile now and I was connected to my work's blackberry email and also my own blackberry email.

when i hooked up to my work's sytem, they had alot of security that was placed on my phone - primarliy it forces you to set a password and it be locked at least every hour.

My questions is, I'm not longer with that company and want to start from SCRATCH with my bb. I attempted a device wipe and also reloaded the lastest 4.1 software. problem is there are still pieces on there from before! I still am getting bb errors when trying to send email (it is still allowing me to send from the old BES address, which i no longer have access too, creating an error. as well it won't let me disable the password feature.

HOW DO I WIPE EVERYTHING and start with a BB fresh out of the box?? thanks!!

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    just ask

Re: complete wipe

you have to remove the IT policy on the BB, this was taken from another poster and thread

Removal of IT Policy Procedure
    This procedure worked on a group of Nextel 7520's I purchased and should work for many others...

Step 1
    Ensure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed using Blackberry Internet Service, and not Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are unsure, it would probably be a good idea to uninstall the Desktop Manager and start again.

If you don't have the CD that came with your Blackberry, the Software can be downloaded here. Use "https and www"

Step 2
    Download the file policy.bin Use "http"

Save it in your Blackberry installation directory
    C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry

Step 3
    Wipe your Blackberry, creating a backup if necessary. Select Options/Security/Wipe on the Device.

Step 4
    Close the Desktop Manager if it is open.

Step 5
    From the Windows Start Menu select Run..., and at the prompt type regedit. In the tree on the left hand side, navigate to:

HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager

Right-Click the Policy Manager Folder and select New/String Value. Name the value "Path". Now, Double-Click the Path Subkey and set Value Data to:
    C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin

Step 6
    Open the Desktop Manager.

Step 7
    Connect the Device.

Once complete, the Options/Security screen on your Blackberry should not contain references to an IT Policy, you should now be able to change all settings (including password prompts), and install Third Party Applications.