How does the 7105t and the 8700 compare? I read about EDGE, dont know what ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

fogrocker no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203731DF

Question compare?

Advertisement

How does the 7105t and the 8700 compare?
    I read about EDGE, dont know what it is exactly other then it is internet.. is it really that much faster?
    How about other options on the 8700? is it worth the expense to jump up to the 8700? from 7105t?
    One thing that I really want tp know.. what about auto answer? I really need my phone to answer after so many rings when the headset is active.. does the 8700 do that?

Thanks

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: compare?

220k as a non edge does 48k max i have never really seen edge do more than 160k though .. the 8700 has a processor5x faster than the 7105 and has2x the memory and alot more features so id say yeah.. as far as the headset aout answering.. you are expecting way to much out of a cell phone... minutes cost you money.. i doubt that ywould ever be an option

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

Yeah the 8700 is quite a bit quicker, EDGE is rather nice.

For auto-answer, no the BlackBerry won't do that. I had an old Sony Ericsson T610 that could do it, but as far as any newer phone with that feature "out of the box", I don't know. Maybe the new SE symbian smartphones do? I would just answer by hitting the headset button; as I had a couple times where I didn't exactly notice the phone ringing, and a couple days later someone would comment "yeah, you were talking to so and so about this a few days ago."

Now there is one exception, if your running a Windows Mobile phone you can get voice activation software (the built in one won't do it without hitting a button, but theres alot of 3rd party ones) that will "listen" all the time, so when the phone rings, you say "phone answer" and it answers. There is the drawback of battery life this way though, as bluetooth combined with "listen" will suck your battery power up quick; but you can also dial out by saying "phone call steve". or have your next apointment or email read to you by saying the right command, so that's rather cool.

Incase your wondering, I had a 7100 (well, its still on my shelf for any international trips since its GSM) and currently run a Treo 700w; much improved after the software update. Though if your in the market for a Windows Mobile phone, I'd check out the XV6700. As the Treo is still bugging me with its lack of ram (only 32mb). If you're in the market for something simple, that always works... Id go with the 8700. As surely the BlackBerry is loads more reliable than any windows mobile phone that I've seen at least.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

PIN/ID
    203731DF

Quote Originally Posted by pentace
    220k as a non edge does 48k max i have never really seen edge do more than 160k though .. the 8700 has a processor5x faster than the 7105 and has2x the memory and alot more features so id say yeah.. as far as the headset aout answering.. you are expecting way to much out of a cell phone... minutes cost you money.. i doubt that ywould ever be an option
    this is the first pohone I have had that didnt have an option to have the headset answer after say 4 rings....

PIN/ID
    203731DF

Quote Originally Posted by andrebsd
    Yeah the 8700 is quite a bit quicker, EDGE is rather nice.

For auto-answer, no the BlackBerry won't do that. I had an old Sony Ericsson T610 that could do it, but as far as any newer phone with that feature "out of the box", I don't know. Maybe the new SE symbian smartphones do? I would just answer by hitting the headset button; as I had a couple times where I didn't exactly notice the phone ringing, and a couple days later someone would comment "yeah, you were talking to so and so about this a few days ago."

Now there is one exception, if your running a Windows Mobile phone you can get voice activation software (the built in one won't do it without hitting a button, but theres alot of 3rd party ones) that will "listen" all the time, so when the phone rings, you say "phone answer" and it answers. There is the drawback of battery life this way though, as bluetooth combined with "listen" will suck your battery power up quick; but you can also dial out by saying "phone call steve". or have your next apointment or email read to you by saying the right command, so that's rather cool.

Incase your wondering, I had a 7100 (well, its still on my shelf for any international trips since its GSM) and currently run a Treo 700w; much improved after the software update. Though if your in the market for a Windows Mobile phone, I'd check out the XV6700. As the Treo is still bugging me with its lack of ram (only 32mb). If you're in the market for something simple, that always works... Id go with the 8700. As surely the BlackBerry is loads more reliable than any windows mobile phone that I've seen at least.
    I have a fairly new 7105t... was just wondering if it would be worth it to change to the 8700.... if it wont auto answer, then no... not worth it at the moment...

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

The BB itself is worth it. The 8700 is quite faster, as stated above, compared to the 7100 series BB's. With the size of the screen, full keypad, and reception improvement, I wish I had started with this BB from the beginning.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Here is a good review of 8700 from Melissa that have upgraded from an earlier model. I guess it boils down to personal preference, however, I am in LOVE with mine. I upgraded from a 7105 that I had for 2 months because this was the one that I wanted to start with, but TMobile didn't have it at the time. Hope this review helps ya decide.

There are more reviews here, but at this moment I just stepped into work and not able to search for them, but I believe there are listed under "General Blackberry" or 8700. I will try to find them here in a bit.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...46&postcount=1

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

The 8700 rocks! I upgraded to it, my 7100t wasn't even a year old. My husband is now its proud owner.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

There is nothing like the 8700 out there! I have had a ton to gadgets from K-Jam to the Ogo and Blackberry 8700 is where it's at! That's why I came back!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

ITs faster, its cooler, its louder, it has a full keypad. Its got great IM options and the browsing is amazing. This is what matters to me. No problems with the phone calls either for that matter. Volume on calls seems to be louder too.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PIN/ID
    203731DF

Thank you all....
    Now its just a matter of money....