I was finally able to order my Blackberry tonite (had to confirm that I wasn't ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

wrtgirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23CF680E

Question Cingular.com Shipping?

Advertisement

I was finally able to order my Blackberry tonite (had to confirm that I wasn't breaking the older Spring contract first). We got a great deal through my husband's work if we ordered online. I was all excited, as I knew Cingular.com had free 2-day shipping, and was anticipating Monday or so for receiving my Blackberry/New Toy.
    Then I got the email:
    "Your order should ship in 3-5 business days."
    Aaaa!
    Has anyone ordered from Cingular.com before? I was hoping that they are erring on the side of caution with that email. I guess I'm used to practically instantaneous shipping from Amazon and I'm spoiled.
    However, I'm also on a business trip starting on 3/26. If they truly take 5 days to ship, we won't have the phones in time to activate before I leave. My husband (who is getting a Sony Ericcson phone out of all this) won't be able to activate the new phones the entire week I'm gone without shutting off my current cell phone while I travel.
    Okay - not a big deal in the scheme of life. But still, anyone have any experience with cingular.com?

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Cingular.com Shipping?

I usually try to pay for the express shipping. I can't wait too long for my new toys!!!

But It depends where you are at. I think cingular ships the phone from Texas, so depending of how far you are from there...it depends

PIN/ID
    23CF680E

You know, we didn't have an option on shipping. It was 2-day or nothing. I, of course, made the silly assumption that meant the phones would be shipped out today, not in 3-5 days. It's still 2-day shipping. Just 2 days after they get around to sending it I guess.

daolao24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203d8551

Ordered my 8700c on Cingular.com at 1pm cst on a Wed, had it in my hand the next day at about 5pm. I was not expecting until Mon or Tues of the next week.

PIN/ID
    23CF680E

That's good to know. We ordered ours at 9 pm EST last night, here in the Cincinnati area. As of right now, their web site still says "processing" and that it hasn't been updated since yesterday. I'm so darned impatient that I'm checking the web site every few hours, just hoping for a check mark in the shipping column and a tracking number. Plus, I just read horrible things about their shipping over on ePinions.com, so your post is very reassuring. I'm hoping that porting the numbers from Sprint doesn't cause problems.

jedd no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CFFC13

never ever ever ever port your number over the phone. Always go to a store location for any new service issues. As a Cingular employee I can't tell you how many ports Care has botched. If your order still says "processing", get on the horn with somebody because it sounds like your order is stuck in flux and someone over the phone just has to push a button to clear the order and actually get it processed. As far as shipping, I highly recomend expaditing your order, it only costs $7.00 and is well worth it.

PIN/ID
    23CF680E

Thanks for the tip!
    Since we're getting the discounts thru my husband's company, I'm making him call first thing Monday morning. Hopefully it is an issue of just pressing a button. I just want to have these phones in our hands by Friday, as we leave Sunday for a trip. I can't wait to start playing with our new toys!
    I'll also get him to expedite the shipping.

PIN/ID
    23CFFC13

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~anything I can do to help. One more tip. Unfortunately we (cingular) doesn't offer insurance above and beyond manufacturers defects on the BB. Since .MD's are few and far between on the 8700, safeguard.com specializes in insuring pda's. Their policy cover's everything from theft to water damage. Just to protect your new toys (these things are so COOL) give this company a whirl!

PIN/ID
    23CF680E

The Cingular insurance thing really surprised me. The Blackberry will be covered under my electronics rider on my small business insurance. However, the deductible on that is $500, so it doesn't really help me with full replacement cost. Where it helps is if my laptop and BB are both stolen out of my hotel room or something. Then everything is pretty much replaced.

I checked Safeguard.com, but it comes up as a life sciences company. Googling didn't help me out much either. Care to point me towards another URL?

EDIT: Ooo - safeware.com?
    Last edited by wrtgirl; 03-20-2006 at 01:10 PM.

PIN/ID
    23CF680E

Just as an update, the phone call was made. The Cingular site isn't live updating. Despite the fact that it STILL says our order is processing, the phones will actually be in our hands tomorrow afternoon and were actually shipped on Friday. YAY! I now have a tracking number I can obsessively plug into the UPS site.

PIN/ID
    23CFFC13

glad to hear you got that cleared up. Try safeguard.net. the RIM field agent for my market told me about it so I know its not a myth. I think that I just got the .net part wrong.