I signed up for cingular 2 weeks ago online. I did the 2 years contract ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

djmojo33 no está en línea Stack level 1

Cingular blackberry phone return ??

Advertisement

I signed up for cingular 2 weeks ago online. I did the 2 years contract for a deal on a Refurbish blackberry 8700 for $50 only. So phone came and I like it alot until it fell on floor by mistake and its not badly scratch but little ding, Its not bad or noticeable but I decide to take advantage and complain its not workin well, so they can exchange another new refurbish phone for me. So they did ! it came in mail today but they charge me $50 bucks until I return my old one to them. My question is , what if I kept both of the phones ? one to use and one as backup just in case. Will they see that I kept the phone and charge me more ? can they track the phone if I sold it to a friend or etc? should I take risk or be nice guy and return the phone?

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: Cingular blackberry phone return ??

I believe the 50.00 was for the additional phone and you should be okay to keep the dinged one and do what you want with it...keep it for a backup
    Michael

wait so its just that easy ? $50 for additional phone? smells fishy cuz blackberry are expensive as you know if u buy without a plan.

PIN/ID
    just ask

well you did say in your first post that you paid 50.00 for a refurbed one...so why would they not charge you the same for another refurbed one...?
    Michael

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

You could be on to something here.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mika wouldnt that be a loopole type thing? cuz if i keep buying additional phone from cingular for $50 then I turn around sell em for etc wouldnt that sound too good to be true? has to be a catch or is this a legal loopole?

PIN/ID
    just ask

well, Dj, from my experience, I just got my wifes Motorola L2 replaced via the extended insurance, they charged me a 50.00 deductible, but if I do not return it within 10 days I get charged for the full price of the phone, and that was clearly stated to me on the call. Was the same made clear to you?
    Michael

kabirjohnson no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249e4ba5

that sounds right mikadad, it's just a deductible fee. don't be supprise if you get a bill in the mail.

I have no insurance, this was a 30 warranty exchange thing. I told them my fone was defective "a lie" , the rep said ok I will send you a new one but At&t will charge you $50 "add to monthly bill" until we receive the defective phone from you. In overall, I think Im just gonna wait it out and see the outcome , if its good then hey I got me a new BB for $50 Hooray!

PIN/ID
    just ask

sounds like a plan.....
    Michael

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~not new but refurbished. But still a very gOod deal!

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

is that $50 monthly till you return it? if not then thats a hell of a deal!

I just checked the receipt and it look like they sold me an additonal phone for $50

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

$50 is the price for a refurb 8700 with a new activation (check the at&t site). I would be careful as they do list the full price of a refurb 8700 as $199 for a 2 year contract before discount.

tnf
    tnf no está en línea Stack level 1

If you do not return the phone, you will be charged some ungodly amount...basically they are able to offer you the discounted price on the refurb phone because you signed the two year contract, so if you do not return the phone, you will be charged an amount, though the exact amount would be hard to predict. Also, what you are doing is fraud, and if they notice the damage on the phone you have to send back in they will charge you full price anyway, unless you did a lockline insurance return. either way, if you dont send back the phone they will charge you. good luck! -tnf