I have a 8700g on O2 in the UK on BIS (1.8 - I think) ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

mrandery no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Can't view attachments on 8700g on O2 (UK)

Advertisement

I have a 8700g on O2 in the UK on BIS (1.8 - I think)

I don't see the option to view attachments in any email I get that has attachments.

At the top of the email, just under the headers it says [# Attachments] and lists them at the bottom of the message.

When I highlight any of these and click the track wheel, I do not see the "Open Attachment" option

This is the case for .jpg, .pdf & .doc files

Also, the little envelope icon next to the message in the message list for received messages does not have a paperclip when a message has attachments. On other BB's I have seen this icon with a paperclip.

I did check to see that the BB Attachments service was loaded under Applications on the Desktop Manager

Thanks for any help

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Welcome to posting. 1st make sure you have the lasted 4.1.xxx OS installed for the 8700:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...05D7C424EBAE5F

Upgrade instructions here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

Mort attachment info here:
    http://www.blackberry.com/products/b...achments.shtml
    http://www.blackberry.com/knowledgec...?nodeid=722744

When highlighting there should be a retrieve option.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead
    Also, if the little paperclip isnt there then it sounds like your server is dropping it before it gets to your BB. This usually happens on a work exchange.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

mrandery no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hayden, Thanks for the info. I do have 4.1.0.351 installed
    I saw the other links but see no info on how to fix the problem as I do have the attachment service installed. The retreive option does not appear.

William, The paperclip is not there. The body of the message does show an attachment. I am on BIS (1.8 or 1.9) and not on any corporate / work program. The network tech support have been useless.

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Hi mrandery. I'm with O2 as well.I would persist with customer services. Insist that they put you through to Data Support.Is your problem new? If so it probably helps to back up your data and invest an hour in reinstalling your OS.If you go to the BB download site, the latest spec version of OS4.1 is Bharti, rather than the o2 one. Let us know how you get on.

scubaj no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301EAE64

Re: Can't view attachments on 8700g on O2 (UK)

I'm having the same problems with a 8703. Reloaded the software twice, verified that the attachment modules are there... this is agrivating as hell.

Anyone have any ideas?

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716

Quote Originally Posted by mrandery View Post
    Hayden, Thanks for the info. I do have 4.1.0.351 installed
    I saw the other links but see no info on how to fix the problem as I do have the attachment service installed. The retreive option does not appear.

William, The paperclip is not there. The body of the message does show an attachment. I am on BIS (1.8 or 1.9) and not on any corporate / work program. The network tech support have been useless.
    You should be on at least BIS 2.3 by now.

PIN/ID
    219C9716

If you're trying to get attachments off the BES, take this into consideration:

Note: The BlackBerry Enterprise server will only forward attachments that are sent directly to the Microsoft Exchange Server mailbox and not items that have been forwarded from another e-mail account.
    Example: If a user has an external e-mail account set up to forward e-mail to the mailbox that the BlackBerry Enterprise Server pulls from, the attachments will not be forwarded to the handheld. This is due to the BlackBerry Enterprise Server' inability to verify the format of the attachment when it has been forwarded.

PIN/ID
    219C9716

If you're on the BIS (or BES), make sure you take these steps with your device:

Scroll to the Settings icon and press Select (to select push the trackwheel in).
    Scroll to the Options icon and press Select.
    Scroll to Advanced Options and press Select.

Scroll to Applications and press Select.

The Applications screen will appear.

Click the trackwheel and select Modules.

Verify the following modules are found on the device:
    Note: The BlackBerry Handheld Software version will be listed to the right. Example shown: version 4.1.0.170.

net_rim_bb_attachment
    net_rim_bb_browser_plugin_docview
    net_rim_bb_docview
    net_rim_bb_docviewimage
    Loading attachment modules:
    If the attachment modules are not listed, run through application loader and verify the attachment viewer application is loaded onto the handheld.
    Perform a soft reset.

PIN/ID
    219C9716

Scroll to the Settings icon and press Select (to select push the trackwheel in).
    Scroll to the Options icon and press Select.
    Scroll to Advanced Options and press Select.

Scroll to Applications and press Select.

The Applications screen will appear.

Click the trackwheel and select Modules.

Verify the following modules are found on the device:
    Note: The BlackBerry Handheld Software version will be listed to the right. Example shown: version 4.1.0.170.

net_rim_bb_attachment
    net_rim_bb_browser_plugin_docview
    net_rim_bb_docview
    net_rim_bb_docviewimage
    Loading attachment modules:
    If the attachment modules are not listed, run through application loader and verify the attachment viewer application is loaded onto the handheld.
    Perform a soft reset.