I changed out my 8700G today for another 8700G as my original was defective. The ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

mweprin no está en línea Stack level 1

Can't Stop BES from Updating Profiles

Advertisement

I changed out my 8700G today for another 8700G as my original was defective.

The problem is, all of my profiles are screwed up. Instead of having the default; Vibrate, Loud, Normal, etc.

I have the following: Loud, Quiet, Quiet, Loud, Normal, Phone Only

Yes, I have 2 Quiet and 2 Loud.

I can't delete them. I have wiped my device back to original OS from t-mobile and the profiles are back to normal. But, as soon as I do Enterprise Activation, the profiles are back to Loud, Quiet, Quiet, Loud, etc...

Can anyone offer any advice ?

Thanks!!

Re: Can't Stop BES from Updating Profiles

I also tried backing up the profiles on a clean install. The backup shows 6 profiles.

When I try and restore after activation screws them up, I get an error message that says "You can restore a read-only database".

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

mweprin, Welcome to PinStack.

I just wanted to welcome, I am not a BES expert so I really can't help you here, but I'm sure one will be along given a little time.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

You should talk to FFMike, he's a BES admin, I am sure he will be able to help you

Well, I have a clean installed 8700G again. I have gotten my service books so I can get my non-corporate email (gmail), but I have left Activation alone for now. I think I will ask our IT person to delete my profile on BES which will hopefully remove all saved settings, logs, etc.. Then I will re-activate with the clean installed 8700G and simply start over. All of my contacts, calendar, etc are on Exchange Server so they should re-synch.

Unless, of course, someone has any other suggestions (i am not an expert by any means).

Thanks!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello mweprin, welcome to pinstack. Ive had to do about 5 Enterprise Activations before, never had the issue you are experiencing. I would say it needs to be cleared by the admin and your problem should be solved. Good luck.