Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just got an 8700c and love it. JUst set up my email accounts and am ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

babalaco no está en línea Stack level 1

Cant get gmail emails

Advertisement

Just got an 8700c and love it. JUst set up my email accounts and am getting my work emails fine. However, I am having trouble getting personal emails through my gmail account. I can send emails fine with my bb through the gmail account, but I just cant receive them. I have enabled pop settings in gmail. I cant figure it out.....

Any ideas<

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Cant get gmail emails

Are you on BIS or BES? Are you forwarding gmail or trying to get it picked up by the BB?

On BIS you have to set up gmail in the mail set up or forward in gmail's settings.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

welcome to pinstack by the way
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Ron_P no está en línea Stack level 2

I just set up my gmail account yesterday and it rocks. Had to play with the settings alittle to get it to work. Yahoo and hotmail want you to pay to get pop mail but google is free.

Yahoo works on BIS 2.0, at least with Tmo, I get it for free almost instantly. Gmail takes a little longer
    My Blog , My Flickr

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

I just set up my gmail account yesterday and it rocks. Had to play with the settings alittle to get it to work. Yahoo and hotmail want you to pay to get pop mail but google is free.
    Yahoo is a free service always, hotmail is not. You must use this for hotmail. Get Mail

Yahoo works on BIS 2.0, at least with Tmo, I get it for free almost instantly. Gmail takes a little longer
    I get all my emails instantly, yahoo1, yahoo2, comcast, gmail, BIS and BES. There is no delay, maybe cuz my BES is backing me up!

Thanks for the info, there is a bit of delay for me with gmail using cingular....but it came through after all.....

is there anyway to make it more immediate?

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

I'm assuming you've got it set up on BIS with your carrier?

BIS, no matter the carrier, polls your POP3 / IMAP mail accounts on 15 minute intervals (or less, sometimes as low as 7 minutes). So you could be waiting up to 15 minutes for new mail. :cry: But that's just the way it is.

However, there is an exception: Yahoo! mail. Yahoo! and RIM have an agreement and the mail is push-push, instead of pull-push (meaning, BIS pulls the email from your POP3 / IMAP account, and pushes it to your BB; with Yahoo!, it's push-push).

To avoid the lag, you could set up your mail accounts to forward a copy to your @mycarrier.blackberry.net address, however, that might be a bit confusing on your BB, as it would show as "received using: blackberry", instead of "received using: gmail" (or whatever you've named them in your BIS). And, if you're forwarding email to your blackberry.net address, when you reply on your BB, you will be sending with your blackberry.net address, even though the original email was received on gmail (or whatever email account was forwarded).

Plus, unless you setup a filter to NOT deliver email to handheld, you will end up with 2 copies of everything, one for blackberry and one for gmail (and you may think that the sender is a bit weird for clicking send twice! that's what happened to me... ).

And then, in order to reply from gmail, you would have to "forward as" instead of reply.

And just a little sidenote about service books....

Sometimes, your BB will not be receiving or sending email as you would expect it to (and I've never figured out why yet). There is a menu option "Service Books" in BIS 2.0. You get an option to resend your service books.

Just today I had issues, and I sent my service books likely 6 or 8 times, and they didn't come for almost an hour, and then came sporadically over the subsequent two hours. And then the weirdest one of all: I had sent a "test" email from my work account in Outlook to my blackberry.net address, and I'm not lying at all, it took just over EIGHT HOURS to get delivered to my BB!! ~~ ??? ~~~ !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kmccarthy
    i had the same problem. go on your desktop browser to gmail. then go into settings and click on forwarding and pop. click enable pop for all mail. save changes and your good to go.
    I tried that....it does not help at all. I get my emails about 10-15 minutes after they were sent.

Is this just me, or is it happening to most gmail/bb users?

Anyway to get cingular to shorten the delay

That is normal for gmail. Unless you forward the emails to yout blackberry email address, there is a delay. The only service I have that doesn't delay is yahoo.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Are you forwarding to your [at]yourcarrier.BlackBerry.net email address?

There is no way to change that delay. It is set by RIM.

Its not only happening with my gmail, its also happening with my work email (im in BIS). Emails are coming about 10 minutes later. So I am not getting on time.....i am really disappointed as I had tmobile and getting everything fine before

Maybe its Cingular.... (I don't like Cingular)
    My Blog , My Flickr

justelise no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203C9815

Quote Originally Posted by babalaco
    Its not only happening with my gmail, its also happening with my work email (im in BIS). Emails are coming about 10 minutes later. So I am not getting on time.....i am really disappointed as I had tmobile and getting everything fine before
    Is your work email POP3, IMAP, Exchange or something entirely different?
    justelise
    http://itsreallyjustme.net
    Drop by my blog and say hi!
    If you need Gmail, lemme know!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast