I have been able to sync my Blackberry and laptop fine for the last 5 ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

drthompson no está en línea Stack level 1

Question cannot sync

Advertisement

I have been able to sync my Blackberry and laptop fine for the last 5 months. Now whenever I click on Desktop Manager or VZ Access, I get the following message:
    'The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is not available' 'Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'DSTUpdateLoaderUSB.msi "

I have downloaded the DST patch again 4 times, reloaded my Blackberry software and completed a soft reset, but none of these have fixed the problem.
    HELP!!!!!!!!

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: cannot sync

Have you spoken to the BES Admin? Perhaps they changed something? It has happened before.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

drthompson no está en línea Stack level 1

I have reinstalled 5 times, done soft resets, and re-downloaded the DST UPDATE LOADER about 10 times. This is getting the best of me.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Since you are on BES, my guess is the company has changed somethign and perhaps sent an IT policy that prevents you from syncing. That is why I suggest you speak tothe BES Admin.

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

I second Dubdub, this happened to me when a new security policy was put into place.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by drthompson
    'The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is not available' 'Click OK to try again or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'DSTUpdateLoaderUSB.msi "
    It's unlikely that it has anything to do with IT policy. This is a standard Windows error that pops up when it's looking for an installer file that has been moved/deleted. You'll need to make sure it gets put back wherever it originally was or you need to tell it where that file is once you get the DST patch reinstalled.

penguin1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    request

I'm not on BES and cannot sync, was going along fine and now I get error messages. It will go through a setting up Intellisync User and Upgrading synchronization configuration, but then I get an error message that says Internal Error (see logs). I've tried to unload and reload everything, all my apps are there when I get the desk top to open, just can't synchronize. Any help would be appreciated.

GGotwald no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by penguin1
    I'm not on BES and cannot sync, was going along fine and now I get error messages. It will go through a setting up Intellisync User and Upgrading synchronization configuration, but then I get an error message that says Internal Error (see logs). I've tried to unload and reload everything, all my apps are there when I get the desk top to open, just can't synchronize. Any help would be appreciated.
    I'm in the same boat as Penguin1 and drtompson. Our IT guy doesn't even know how to fix this. My troubles started that it wouldn't sync. Then, I started getting the DST error message. I updated my handheld for the 2007 DST, but still get the DSTUpdateLoaderUSB.msi error message on my PC everytime I try to run the desktop operations. PLEASE HELP!