Hello, I would like to replace the logo operator which is displayed when starting our ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

tibidul no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Can we replace the logo operator at starting?

Advertisement

Hello,

I would like to replace the logo operator which is displayed when starting our BB 8707v by the enterprise's logo, and I've not found on Internet if it's possible.
    The logo says "SFR Hello" when we start and stop the device.

An idee?

Thanks

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    Possible? Of course, anything is possible.

Probable that someone who doesn't work for RIM has the know how and the time to do so, doubtful.

I hate my T-Mobile symbol too, so I feel ur pain.

ekrimmer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    303150C7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

richardrblc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22cf4edb

changing start up

no changing start up is part of the bootloader program that is hardwired into the blackberry when it is sold to verizon t-mobile ect when then install hardware that is written straight to hardware that is how come when we use a new handheld from different provider we still see the splash screen of our provider
    pin me any time 22cf4edb

oxide-tones no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2058FAF3
    i use a handheld from vodaphone with a different sim card, and see the vodaphone logo.... boy would i love to lose that

giamburrasca no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256223F9
    The operator logo is hardwired into the device

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    tibidul, Welcome to PinStack.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I''m sure it can be done, the procedure is fairly straight forward. It's really time consuming and costly. I'll list it below,

1. Contact Plazmic and negotiate the design and programming of the Splash Page you want.
    2. Contact RIM and negotiate a price and schedule for access to the Factory Test set, and a Test Engineer. Minimum time is probably one hour, or it may be a half day.
    3. On the scheduled day, show up at the factory with the software for the splash screen. Go through the process of validating your access to the factory Test Set.
    4. Provide the software and you 8700 to the test engineer,
    5. When the process is complete, Thank the Test Engineer and take you BB with your customized screen home with you.

Having read all that, do you think you have the liquid assets to accomplish steps 1 and more importantly No. 2.

I have come to the conclusion that that is the only way to accomplish changing the Splash Screen.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.
    Rcbjr
    Last edited by Rcbjr; 09-25-2007 at 08:38 AM.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

tibidul no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for your answers

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Can we replace the logo operator at starting?

Pretty extensive!!!!

reemusk no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    I''m sure it can be done, the procedure is fairly straight forward. It's really time consuming and costly. I'll list it below,
    1. Contact Plazmic and negotiate the design and programming of the Splash Page you want.
    2. Contact RIM and negotiate a price and schedule for access to the Factory Test set, and a Test Engineer. Minimum time is probably one hour, or it may be a half day.
    3. On the scheduled day, show up at the factory with the software for the splash screen. Go through the process of validating your access to the factory Test Set.
    5. When the process is complete, Thank the Test Engineer and take you BB with your customized screen home with you.

Having read all that, do you think you have the liquid assets to accomplish steps 1 and more importantly No. 2.

I have come to the conclusion that that is the only way to accomplish changing the Splash Screen.

Rcbjr
    nice

Hyper no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24FDAA1C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ not only r the logo's in the bootloader, the MEP lock files are also in the bootloader. These lock the phone to a specific network.
    If one can change the network, then unlocking a BB phone will also b as easy as deleting or changing the MEP files.

I don't know how, but as long as its software based, somethin is possible...how & what u need to get it done, might b an expensive affair and might involve expenside hardware, but I'm very sure it can't be done via a simple software hookup.

Thinking out loud....is it possible to enter the bootloader by some "TERMINAL" mode??? Or some key presses while booting???

This is something that no one's every bothered trying...but it might exist... Just my 2 cents.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr

Rcbjr
    haha agreed.