I am using plazmic theme builder and have been making themes for an 8700 series. ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

br7ght_eyez no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203D15E9

Question Can you use a List theme w/ theme builder

Advertisement

I am using plazmic theme builder and have been making themes for an 8700 series. It get's boring creating the themes with icons and would like to create a theme for my 8700 using a list format. Does anyone know if that is possible?
    Thanks!!!

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Can you use a List theme w/ theme builder

Hmm... 8700 List is not an option on mine... maybe in an update.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I think you should be able to create a list theme with it. Oz creates list themes but I'm not sure if it's for 8700 series devices.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Currently, there is no base list theme for the 8700 series. I think there might be one in the next release, but that is just conjecture on my part.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.

mm
    mm no está en línea Stack level 2

can i expand on this question? i'd like to build a list theme... i've never created any themes before, but i'm excited to try. before downloading the plazmic software, here are my questions:

must i download on a pc? i use mac mainly, but have an old laptop here for just this kind of thing...

does my bb have to have internet service to use plazmic? i mainly use it as a phone/pda, no web service. i ask because i went to handango and was very sad to find that you have to download files from your bb browser.

and is plazmic hard for a first time user?

thanks!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Answers interspersed.

Quote Originally Posted by mm
    can i expand on this question? i'd like to build a list theme... i've never created any themes before, but i'm excited to try. before downloading the plazmic software, here are my questions:

must i download on a pc? i use mac mainly, but have an old laptop here for just this kind of thing...
    You'll need the PC, PTB will not run on a Mac, as far as I know. You also need the Sun Microsystems Java J2SE SDK and the RIM BlackBerry JDE.

does my bb have to have internet service to use plazmic? i mainly use it as a phone/pda, no web service. i ask because i went to handango and was very sad to find that you have to download files from your bb browser.
    No, you can do everything with DeskTop Manager on the PC, just export as ALX/COD when you build the theme. And be sure the first time to install the Plazmic Theme Reader Cod and Alx files the first time.

and is plazmic hard for a first time user?
    No, but you should read the Theme Builder User's Guide PDF File that is in the Docs subfolder in the Plazmic SDK installation location. It will really help.

thanks!
    Hope this helps
    Rcbjr

mm

heh heh.

thanks Rcbjr... but i think i am already in over my head. but really, thank you for the info. i've been spoiled by the ease of ilife and the java/rim/sdk/jde talk is scaring me. but i will definitely look into theme builder's user's guide and see if i have the courage.

PIN/ID
    203D15E9

ok thanks... I will be waiting for that update, I hope they add the list theme to 8700..

BlueFlames no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31AA2D97

I would like to know when update for new themes.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

It might sound like alot to get the theme builder up and running, but I just loaded and installed everything needed and it worked for me. Once you have it up its pretty simple, in my humble opion.
    This talks about what you need to get Theme Builder working:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...=theme+builder

This talks about using Theme Builder:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ead.php?t=1743
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

mm

hey, thanks for those links! i may try it. i'll share if anything turns out to be good, but i am expecting frankenstein's monster...

PIN/ID
    203D15E9

Yeah theme builder works great for me.. I hope it does for all of you too. It's easy once you get it loaded up..