I just upgraded to the 8700g and I love it, except there is something a ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

lydy777 no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Can someone answer this about the 8700g?

Advertisement

I just upgraded to the 8700g and I love it, except there is something a little bothersome about it. Anyone else notice that they keypad casing is a little shaky (i.e., it seems to move around a little when you touch the keypad). Have any of you noticed this? Why didn't RIM devise this device to be sturdier? It doesn't affect my typing, however.

Was this done intentionally, so that the keyboard is better illuminated when it's dark? Is this something I will eventually overlook?

Just wondering if any of you 8700 users noticed this off the bat and whether or not it affects your overall opinion of the device?

I'm quite happy with it otherwise....

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Can someone answer this about the 8700g?

Lydy, mine shakes a little bit as well. Always has. I think you'll get used to it. I had forgotten until I read your post and tried it again. It is very sturdy though. I have dropped it many times (with a case) and never had an issue.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Sounds defective. Mine doesn't shift. I did have an 8700c with a keyboard that shifted but that was because a mounting clip for the keyboard broke.

The 8700's are very sturdy. I wouldn't assume that shifting keyboard means anything about the sturdiness or reliability of other aspects of the device.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Well, I just got this phone two days ago, and it doesn't seem to be defective. The more I use it, the less I notice the keyboard casing. It was only moving slightly.

I actually read some bb8700 reviews and came across other people who found the keypad slightly shaky in the casing and felt the 8700 was almost "toy-like" in its construction.

I still love it lol!

patcatuk no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yes my keyboard moves about a tiny bit as well. Its better than the first 7100v that I tried, that moved around so much it looked and felt like a dummy display model.

I don't notice mine moving anymore. But on a feel wise its not as sturdy feeling as my previous 7290. Though this 8700 has proved to be very well built. No problems after the few times I've dropped it.

Enjoy your 8700, its the last of the trackwheels. Good thing is that we'll also be enjoying OS 4.3 when it comes out.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com) Thanks. I'm enjoying it already and I'm a trackwheel lover, not a big fan of the trackball. I'm confident I made the right choice between this and the Pearl.

And, its a definite step up from the 7105t I was using!

Hmmm, honestly, I am going to go into the TMO store tomorrow and have them take a look at my "shify" 8700 keyboard. I'm still within my "buyer's remorse" period and it just might be defective, as takeshi pointed out. Even tonight, I am getting more annoyed with it and feel its not something I can live with.

The 8700g shouldn't feel like a toy, and its starting to feel like that. I never had a keypad shift problem (even minor) with my old 7105t. Whats the point of having a full QWERTY keypad, if you feel like it moves around on you when you type. I'd rather get the Pearl then....

I've heard some people complain about this problem with the 8700, but not all complain. So, either this phone is defective or it just so happens it's contructed this way.

A little annoying , but I will resolve it quickly. Even if it means switching to the Pearl....

patcatuk no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I actually had the pearl for two days before I returned it because of the buggy os, it restarted on its own 6 times a day. As well as the attached to rubber keys which are 10x worst than a slightly shifting keyboard.

Other than those two flaws I thought the pearl was quite nice.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah I've heard some people complain about the flimsy keys on the Pearl. I know I made the right choice because even though the Pearl is sleek and attractive, its too small for me.

I'm getting more used to the QWERTY keyboard on my 8700, and relieved after I spoke to someone over at Blackberry tech support, who owned the 8700g for more than a year. He assured me my phone wasn't defective and that they keys were constructed with some play. He noticed the slight shift in the keypad as well in the beginning.

I'm feeling better now and gradually getting used to the 8700g.

mut212 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Is the bb 8700 a good bb to have ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mut212
    Is the bb 8700 a good bb to have ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I think so. I've bought 2 8100's and an 8800 and I keep going back to the 8700. It's a work horse. I do plan on getting a wifi curve when it comes out, but I will keep my 8700......just in case things don't work out.
    Andy

jirakob no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204664BD

that's my favorite. i just gave up with my PPC Asus P525 - Microsoft has too much bugs!