Hi. Just got a BB 8700c. Not sure if this is possible, but I'd like ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

boydwhitman no está en línea Stack level 1

can I see sent messages on both BB and desktop

Advertisement

Hi. Just got a BB 8700c. Not sure if this is possible, but I'd like to be able to see email that I've sent on the BB on my outlook desktop app as well. Is this possible? If not, other than remembering that I've responded to email on the BB, how can I know when I look at my outlook email on the desktop that I responded to email? Perhaps I'm asking for too much?

Also, anybody know of any free spell checkers? I know of the espell software but wondered if there was anything that was free.

Thanks - Joy

ffmike no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    21C0D135

Re: can I see sent messages on both BB and desktop

Hi and welcome! Are you using a BES or BIS?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

You definitely can with BES. On BIS, it depends on what version your carrier is using and what email account you're integrating with BIS. You can always BCC a copy of sent mail to yourself and set up and Outlook rule to move BCC'ed copies of sent mail to the sent mail folder.

Thanks for the quick replies. At the moment, I don't have my email at work set up with BES but plan to. For now both home and work are BIS. How can I find out the version my carrier is using? I'm new to this and can use any help you can offer.

PIN/ID
    21C0D135

I am not sure how to tell what version your carrier is on. I have both BES and BIS access. I use Cingular and I have the same problems as you with the BIS account. Let me know when you set-up the BES, I can help much more on BES than BIS.

Thanks - I have Cingular as well. I'm working with my IS folks at work to set up the BES at work.

Not sure how this will work, though, with my home outlook account in terms of merging my calendar and contacts. Any ideas?

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Don't know about merging calendar / contacts. What I do is just have all my contacts and calendar items on my works exchange server! Saves me having to copy them over, etc, etc...

But, someone else might have a better idea...

PIN/ID
    21C0D135

As far as I know, The home account does not sync the contacts or calendar. (if you can I dont know how) Maybe a BIS user will be more help. Once you get on the BES they will certainly be sync'd up.

zeeshanahmad no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    56f785e3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You can differentiate b/w BIS version.if you have inbox in bis ,it means its 1.8 else it might be 2.0 or 2.1 quite same. But the 1st reply is best for u.for single user BIS is best.
    Blackberry support Engineer,Pakistan.
    Zeeshanatta@gmail.com

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'll add just a bit more info...

When you have BES with work set up, and assuming they have 4.0 or better, you will/should have full wireless sync with your Outlook at work (contacts/address book, calendar, tasks, memos).

When you send an email from your BlackBerry, a copy of it will be deposited into your "Sent Items" folder in Outlook.

If you reply to an email on your BB, you will see the familiar replied arrow in Outlook. Same for forwards.

BIS is only able to achieve this status notification IF your email account is IMAP. But no wireless syncing of anything but email inbox.

As for address book and calendar, there is no "merging" or having two separates. If you're on a BES, there is only BES-address and BES-calendar.

But as mentioned above, I just keep all my personal AND work of everything on my BB, and therefore the BES.