Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Downloaded and installed 4.2 on my 8700c and quite honestly 4.1 performed better for me, ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jmobbs no está en línea Stack level 2

Can I go back to 4.1?

Advertisement

Downloaded and installed 4.2 on my 8700c and quite honestly 4.1 performed better for me, so is it possible to go back to 4.1, if so how?

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: Can I go back to 4.1?

wipe it and reinstall the 4.1

do you have the 4.1 OS software?
    Michael

I have the original disk that came with the BB. But I upgraded from that so I suppose no.
    To completely wipe the BB what is the procedure?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

To wipe the phoen you need to do a wipe handheld from securtiy options. That will not change the OS only erase the info on it. The original disc has the DM on it but not the handheld os. You will need to find a link for the 4.1 OS. If i find it i will post back for you.

I beleive you can download the 4.1 os from here make sure you delete the vendeor file.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jmobbs
    Thank you.
    no problem. post back if you run into any questions.

mack31 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi, im trying to go back to 4.1 also. I have an 8707g and cant find any way to go back to 4.1, i have reinstalled 4.1 desktop software but still dont get an option to downgrade to 4.1OS. All i really want is my old Dimension List Theme. I hate operating this thing via icons but you cant get a simple list theme on 4.2, as a professional business tool this is a huge mistake for RIM. Does anyone out there know how to downgrade or any way you can get a simple list theme to work on 4.2? Thanks in advance .

Paian no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Can I ask the TC why and what so bad about 4.2?

I am thinking of upgrading but with everyone saying its bad I am not sure anymore

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I loved 4.2 on my 8700. Yes, it was a bit more taxing on the processor than 4.1 so it seemed just a bit slower. Check the thread about "upgrade to 4.2 was it worth it". I'm sure you'll find many pleased BB users.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by mack31
    Hi, im trying to go back to 4.1 also. I have an 8707g and cant find any way to go back to 4.1, i have reinstalled 4.1 desktop software but still dont get an option to downgrade to 4.1OS. All i really want is my old Dimension List Theme. I hate operating this thing via icons but you cant get a simple list theme on 4.2, as a professional business tool this is a huge mistake for RIM. Does anyone out there know how to downgrade or any way you can get a simple list theme to work on 4.2? Thanks in advance .
    Do you have the 4.1 handheld software on the pc? you don't have to go backwards on the desktop manager just need the 4.1 OS on the pc to revert back.

dvanoss no está en línea Stack level 1

I simply cannot seem to get the desktop manager to let me install the 4.1 software to my 8700c....I deleted all the 4.2 files, installed the 4.1 files, removed the vendor.xml....open the desktop manager....nothing happens...so I open the app loader...nothing happens and my apps list is grayed out....

what gives?

Quote Originally Posted by dvanoss
    I simply cannot seem to get the desktop manager to let me install the 4.1 software to my 8700c....I deleted all the 4.2 files, installed the 4.1 files, removed the vendor.xml....open the desktop manager....nothing happens...so I open the app loader...nothing happens and my apps list is grayed out....

what gives?
    What are the first 2 options in the apps list? are they 4.1 system software and 4.1 core apps? If so hit next, advanced, erase all currently installed applications, do not auto back up and restore, finish. Obviously you would want to make backup file previous to doing so. post back with any questions and welcome to the Stacks.

dvanoss no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge
    What are the first 2 options in the apps list? are they 4.1 system software and 4.1 core apps? If so hit next, advanced, erase all currently installed applications, do not auto back up and restore, finish. Obviously you would want to make backup file previous to doing so. post back with any questions and welcome to the Stacks.
    There are no options in the applications list...the list area is just greyed out text that reads:

"The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

Quote Originally Posted by dvanoss
    There are no options in the applications list...the list area is just greyed out text that reads:

"The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."
    Will it allow you to select add?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast