Hi am pretty new with BB, but very fond of the handset and its features.. ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

gtgisnow no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2046FA4D

Thumbs down Can anybody help me ??

Advertisement

Hi am pretty new with BB, but very fond of the handset and its features.. I recieved the BB from my company and wanted to test some of the features, so immediately downloaded the yahoo messenger for test..!! since it was a BES it dint work on the handheld.. so later thought of deleting it by goin to options>>advanced options>> applications and deleted... but after restarting the handheld, i still can see the application " yahoo messenger" in it.. however, when i go to the same options>>advanced options>>applications, its no where to be found..

Therefore i want the messenger icon and the program deleted from my application list too...!!

can anybody help ??

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    gtgisnow, Welcome to PinStack.

First, did you do a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in)
    after deleting the APP. Another thing to check is Options/Advanced Options/Service Books for a service book for the Yahoo IM. If there is one you will need to delete it. And finally, go backt to the Applications screen, open the menu and select Modules. Look through there for a module for the Yahoo IM and delete it.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

But even after all that, BIS 2.1 will continue to push a shortcut icon to the download page for Yahoo messenger and Google Maps.

Likely the best option after doing all the above, and the icon still appearing, is to simply hide it from the app list on the home screen.

PIN/ID
    2046FA4D
    Rcbjr u are the best...!! went to applications and deleted the module.. and after a restart.. wallah.. its gone... thanx a lot buddy...!!

Lewis... fortunately i dont use the BIS...so no issues... thnx a lot for the tip though...!!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

PIN/ID
    2046FA4D

Re: Can anybody help me ??

hi cp6169 thnx a lot... i wud like to know whether there are any free applications which would open my attachments like excel and powerpoint in a much better way than the default format...

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

There is not a free app that I know of, but if it is that important to you then purchase some sort of application, eoffice, etc... it will be worth the money.

PIN/ID
    2046FA4D

i ve found the same problem again... this time installed operamini...and tried deleting the application.. found the icon still in the application list.. tried deletin it from the service book.. dint find it there.. checked the modules and found an opera module there.. however cant find an option to delete.. what shall i do ??

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Don't know about Opera mini, I tried it once and didn't like it. Had no problem deleting it, from the Applications or Module. Been so long ago, I just can't remember how I had to do it.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles