the password lock is driving me crazy! I got my phone from ebay refurbished, and ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

zonkie no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Caller Id & Lock Issues!!!!

Advertisement

the password lock is driving me crazy! I got my phone from ebay refurbished, and wow! its a great phone but having to use a password each time i use the phone is quite irritating. I CANNOT disable it, and it will not allow me to change even the length of minutes for it either! I've heard about the BES and BIS thing which I don't understand completely...T-mobile told me to put the wrong password in 10 times but it will wipe it clean, and that would be bad. I tried to update the phone, right now it has v4.1.0.346 which i downloaded as an update from t-mobile, still not working! I'm at a loss here!

my second problem is especially annoying, Does this phone allow you to attach pictures to the contacts??? when i go to contacts-->edit---> i don't see "add picture" available anywhere! T-mobile told me it should be there, but its not....

can anyone help me out? I didn't even get a manual from the ebay sellers...

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Caller Id & Lock Issues!!!!

It's the risk of buying used phones from eBay.I don't know about the pictures of contacts, my boss has the 8700 and he can add pictures.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ellandry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CA1371

I have the 4.2 beta on my 8700c or at least did. The one cool option is attaching pictures to caller I'd contacts. As for the password issue I share your feeling it is annoying as hell but a forced requirement to have access to my work email

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

macr77 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32b6732d

Quote Originally Posted by ellandry
    I have the 4.2 beta on my 8700c or at least did. The one cool option is attaching pictures to caller I'd contacts. As for the password issue I share your feeling it is annoying as hell but a forced requirement to have access to my work email

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Do you still have 4.2 beta? Were there many problems? Can I get this for my 8703e?

Sorry to jack this thread but it wont let me PM yet.

Thank you!