when someone calls my 8703e, their name appears along with the number. However, if I ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

sam007 no está en línea Stack level 1

caller ID

Advertisement

when someone calls my 8703e, their name appears along with the number. However, if I have three entires on that contact (work, home, cell) the caller ID doesn't tell me if the caller is using which of these to call me (only the actual number appears but I can't remember all numbers for all my contacts)

Any way to get this functionality I'm looking for?

thx

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: caller ID

None that i have heard of. Caller id is a simple function of attaching a name to a number that calls you. I don't think they went that much in depth to distinguish home or cell number yet.

rbar112 no está en línea Stack level 2

yeah that always gets me too! i end up callin peoples houses at the wroooooong time of the night!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Am I understanding your question correctly? If not, please let me know...when someone calls my 8703e it tells me from what number they are calling based on the entry I have for that number in my address book. Also, if you go to your call log (the yellow phone), it says out to the right side if it was (H), (W), (M). Is that not showing up on your BB?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

I believe that the OP wants this info on the caller ID screen when the call actually comes in...

Quote Originally Posted by sam007
    when someone calls my 8703e, their name appears along with the number. However, if I have three entires on that contact (work, home, cell) the caller ID doesn't tell me if the caller is using which of these to call me (only the actual number appears but I can't remember all numbers for all my contacts)

Any way to get this functionality I'm looking for?

thx
    Yes. It's a little long-winded, but works. Until BlackBerry gives us an incoming caller screen that can differentiate, all you have to do is list your contact three times in the addres book. For example, my friend Cary Jones (not his real name) is in the address book three times:

1.) First Name: Cary Jones
    Last Name: Mobile

2.) First Name: Cary Jones
    Last Name: Home

Etc. -- You get the picture. (Hope you like typing!!)

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone
    Yes. It's a little long-winded, but works. Until BlackBerry gives us an incoming caller screen that can differentiate, all you have to do is list your contact three times in the addres book. For example, my friend Cary Jones (not his real name) is in the address book three times:

1.) First Name: Cary Jones
    Last Name: Mobile

2.) First Name: Cary Jones
    Last Name: Home

Etc. -- You get the picture. (Hope you like typing!!)
    A suggestion if you are going to take this approach is some variation of the following:

1.) First Name: Cary (Mobile)
    Last Name: Jones

2.) First Name: Cary (Home)

Quote Originally Posted by visortgw
    A suggestion if you are going to take this approach is some variation of the following:

1.) First Name: Cary (Mobile)

2.) First Name: Cary (Home)
    Excellent!