Hi! I just signed up for these forums. Lots of useful info here it seems. ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

H110Hawk no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Call Failed tones driving me to murder

Advertisement

Hi! I just signed up for these forums. Lots of useful info here it seems. I just called Cingular for my unlock code, should have it in 5-7 days.

Does anyone elses 8700c make the "Your call cannot be completed as dialed" tones when the "call failed" error comes up? Either from a call dropping mid conversation, or never completing to begin with.

This tone is unbelievably loud, and I need a way to get rid of it. Any hack will do. Cingular said that there is no way to adjust it. The tone is normally loud enough to be heard at arms length, and hurts my ears when it happens while talking. The tone is totally uncalled for, and is downright a bad decision on RIM's part for making it that loud.

I know, I should say how I really feal about it, but for now, it will suffice to say that this phone is starting to break apart from phone-rage, and I need to not have to replace it the next time a call fails on me. :D

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Re: Call Failed tones driving me to murder

Quote Originally Posted by H110Hawk
    Hi! I just signed up for these forums. Lots of useful info here it seems. I just called Cingular for my unlock code, should have it in 5-7 days.

Does anyone elses 8700c make the "Your call cannot be completed as dialed" tones when the "call failed" error comes up? Either from a call dropping mid conversation, or never completing to begin with.

This tone is unbelievably loud, and I need a way to get rid of it. Any hack will do. Cingular said that there is no way to adjust it. The tone is normally loud enough to be heard at arms length, and hurts my ears when it happens while talking. The tone is totally uncalled for, and is downright a bad decision on RIM's part for making it that loud.

I know, I should say how I really feal about it, but for now, it will suffice to say that this phone is starting to break apart from phone-rage, and I need to not have to replace it the next time a call fails on me.
    How long have you had your phone? How old is your SIM card? I had similar issues had my SIM card for over 3 years changed the SIM not more dropped calls or annoying sounds when calls are dropped!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Had the same problem when I was with Cingular....dropped call tone..ahhhhh!
    Now with sprint, all good!

H110Hawk no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly2
    How long have you had your phone? How old is your SIM card? I had similar issues had my SIM card for over 3 years changed the SIM not more dropped calls or annoying sounds when calls are dropped!
    The SIM is "brand new" since they upgraded to the new 64k ones or whatever it is. It's not so much the dropped calls, but the tones. Are you saying that when you get the "Call Failed" message it no longer does the annoying tones? Or you just don't get the tones because you never drop a call? :)

reemusk no está en línea Stack level 3

I...hate...that tone.
    a blackberry is a tool. a treo is a toy

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i get the same with tmobile sometimes, I'm afraid there is no solution, the network needs to fix this them selves.