- - I'm going back to my sturdy ol' 7290 where the keyboard is s-p-r-e-a-d ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Bye Bye 8700 and it's tiny keys -

Advertisement

- - I'm going back to my sturdy ol' 7290 where the keyboard is s-p-r-e-a-d out for my big, big hands - Nothing wrong with the 8700 unit at all, just the tiny keys! How do you people type on an 87xx with thumbs? I compress at least 3 keys at once. The word "justice" comes out "jkuyistyrcvverr"! Yep, I'm going back "home" to the good ol' 7290 with rooooooooom on the keyboard!

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    I have a friend that has a curve and that happens to him all the time. But I don't think he would ever go to a 7290.

~via BB 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Hack173 View Post
    I have a friend that has a curve and that happens to him all the time. But I don't think he would ever go to a 7290.
    7290s Rock! 7290 was introduced in mid 2004, the same time as the 7100 series. It's the last of the classic BlackBerry shape, but the very first of the "modern" Berry. If you're a BlackBerry "traditionalist" (I guess you'd call it) like me, it's the ulti-berry. Doesn't have a camera, doesn't have poly ringtones, but it does have 32mb memory and can download/display lots of photos. More importantly, it's PIM functions (Calendar, Memos, Search, AddressBook, Tasks, etc.) when it has the 4.1 OS are equal to in function and faster than the modern "I gotta be seen with" Blackberries -

Also, with a 7290, as children walk by you they ask their parents "Daddy, why is that man talking to his calculator?"

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Also, with a 7290, as children walk by you they ask their parents "Daddy, why is that man talking to his calculator?"
    That's the funniest thing I've read all week! I think I want that to be my new sig line.

Madalliam no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    haha.

I kind of feel like that with my Blackberry 8700C too. It's pretty big. And yea- the keys are small. Mostly I type with my index finger but I don't really have big hands either. Sometimes though I'll hit the wrong button if I hit the side of the button I meant to. It kind of is a pain but I like it alot better than having to press 1 button 1-3 times to get to the letter that I want