Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by bigdave879 Yeah guys, all of you are correct. I am telecommunications technician. ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

Re: Buzz buzz buzz

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by bigdave879
    Yeah guys, all of you are correct. I am telecommunications technician. It basically boils down to interfering frequencies. It isn't the FM/AM radio, but like Cruz mentioned the freqeuncy response of most speakers out there can pick up on data transmission of certain range of frequency, giving you that clicking whenever the BB is xmitting/receiving information. No real solution either other than trying to move them further apart.

Yeah, bigdave879 is correct. All my users have asked me the same question because they set their BB's next to their computer speakers and when a message is received, the speakers make a static noise. Yes, it's annoying.
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

wrtgirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23CF680E

If I'm at my PC, my Blackberry is usually in the kitchen (I work at home) in my purse. So no interference there. When it is in my home office, for sync-ing, etc, I tend to turn off the Wireless. Especially if I'm on or expecting a phone call on my land line. That way no one else has to hear the interference.
    However, there's nothing I can do about it in the car. I can throw it in the backseat and there's still massive interference.
    It's the price we pay for such great technology I guess.
    I'm just glad it's not just me.

- Shel

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi
    This is markedly worse when you're actively using the 850MHz band. In Houston, Cingular uses 850, TMO doesn't.
    Oh really? I didn't know that.

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

I used to have a coworker who had a Nextel phone. I've found them to be the worst...not just a buzzing but an actual LOUD click click click sound.

alval11 no está en línea Stack level 2

The buzzing normal happens when I set my BB near speakers. However, it does not happen in my car. I wonder if it is because the BB is bluetoothed (linked) to the car when I'm in it?

RyanDarilek no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    400DE1A4

I've been with Nextel now for a while and have always noticed this "Buzzing". My BB is not as bad as other phones I've had. It only makes the noise when I have my phone by my computer speakers and I receive a call.

SuzzyP no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Thumbs up Re: Buzz buzz buzz

It is the GMS technology/ frequency thingy. I have a set of speakers in my room that are turned OFF. The sound even comes thru them when no power is turned on.... that cracks me up.... Does the same thing thru my truck stereo.... I am used to it now.... just another white noise in the world.....

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

I've noticed that sound with my computer speakers no matter what carrier I had I got that buzzing in my speakers before the phone would ring.

zen
    zen no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23d008e3

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    So I think I might be able to say one good thing about this buzzing, say your in your room or in your car, and the radio starts to buzz, at least if the music is too loud, you'll know that someone may be callin...:ahahah

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by zen
    ~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    So I think I might be able to say one good thing about this buzzing, say your in your room or in your car, and the radio starts to buzz, at least if the music is too loud, you'll know that someone may be callin...:ahahah
    Good point that's true and it has happened I knew a call was coming in because of the buzzing!

alval11 no está en línea Stack level 2

The buzzing being an early warning system...Hahaha! My kids point that out all the time.

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

I went to Best Buy annd was in the TV department and I forgot my BB was in the holster and all of a sudden it was this insane buzzing noise!! LMAO!! People were looking around asking what was wrong with the TV's! One guy was like 'I aint buying this TV if it makes this noise.' LMAO!!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

LMAO

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by taeisme
    I went to Best Buy annd was in the TV department and I forgot my BB was in the holster and all of a sudden it was this insane buzzing noise!! LMAO!! People were looking around asking what was wrong with the TV's! One guy was like 'I aint buying this TV if it makes this noise.' LMAO!!
    Hehe, I'm gonna go hang out by the tv's just for fun. Never thought of that one before.

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Holy cow, my subwoofer started going crazy when I left my BB onto of the table. The sub was under it. When I received a BBIM message, i thought I was getting shot at. The sound was spooky.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast