Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

It's the strangest thing. My 8700c causes interference and buzzing. Is it just me? If ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

wrtgirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23CF680E

Question Buzz buzz buzz

Advertisement

It's the strangest thing. My 8700c causes interference and buzzing. Is it just me?
    If I'm in my husband's Camry, whenever (I think) the BB is polling for new email (so every 15 min or so) there's a buzz buzz buzzzzzzz over my husband's car speakers.
    The same if I am talking on our land line and the BB is nearby. It causes all sorts of buzzing interference.
    Last night, I was sitting on the couch and the BB was sort of on top of the couch, near my ear, when I actually heard it make a very very faint buzzing noise, thus confirming that all these strange occurences are the result of my BB.
    I'm used to strange interference. Our house is so wired that its inevitable that something will cross (for instance, our wireless g network and our cordless phones are on the same frequency).
    I was just wondering if this buzzing interference is normal.
    Thanks!
    - Shel

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Buzz buzz buzz

Mine does it if it is sitting next to a radio also. I have to put it on the opposite side of my alarm clock. Apparently they are probably on close frequencies. I have also noticed that it does it when the arrows are indicating data transfers, so apparently it has something to do with the frequencies that the data is being transferred on. You'll get used to live with it though.

wrtgirl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23CF680E

Thumbs up Re: Buzz buzz buzz

Rather glad to know its not just me. I actually think its kind of funny. The only time I'm annoyed is when I'm talking to a client on my land line and the BB, hooked up to my PC nearby, causes interference there. Not a huge deal though. If it gets too bad, I can always switch wireless off while I'm on the land line.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Yeah. I am not too sure. I had a cingular phone that did the same thing when it was sitting on top of the radio too. Never bothered me too much until I was trying to fall asleep at night while listening to the radio, then it was annoying.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

This happened about a week ago with 2 cordless phones in my house except my mom could hear me using my phone but I couldn't hear her LOL

faaltoo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204B3E82

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    This is a common characteristics of GSM phones. Happens with almost all of them.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Happened with my sidekick all the time. Happens with my BB too but doesn't seem to be as much.
    ~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

cruz no está en línea Stack level 1

Ok If I'm not mistaken any device that has audio and is in close contact with another audio device causes a weird buzz because of the magnets in the speakers frequencys causes interferance.

bigdave879 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    400E7238

Yeah guys, all of you are correct. I am telecommunications technician. It basically boils down to interfering frequencies. It isn't the FM/AM radio, but like Cruz mentioned the freqeuncy response of most speakers out there can pick up on data transmission of certain range of frequency, giving you that clicking whenever the BB is xmitting/receiving information. No real solution either other than trying to move them further apart.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Originally posted by melissaox
    Happened with my sidekick all the time. Happens with my BB too but doesn't seem to be as much.
    This annoyed the crap outta me when I would use voice chat with my ex and had my Sidekick by my pc. I got rid of the Sidekick, came back to BlackBerry and no more problems. I got tired of hearing "Move your phone!" LOL

sonofbum no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    40117ea1

every nextel phone ive ever owned made a noise in speakers around me just before it rang

mreisen no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23CCB206

Mine makes computer speakers buzz whenever I get a message

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

This is markedly worse when you're actively using the 850MHz band. In Houston, Cingular uses 850, TMO doesn't. With a Cingular SIM in my 8700c the buzzing is definitely worse than when it has a TMO SIM. I have to virtually place the 8700c on top of a speaker to get it to buzz with the TMO SIM. With the Cingular SIM, I'll get buzzing at up to 6 feet (more in some cases).

It is handy for predicting phone calls...

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

Any data transfering phone does that.. yet the 8700 is supposed to have a hardware/spoftware feature called SAIC which was supposed to elim the radio interferance

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Quote Originally Posted by sonofbum
    every nextel phone ive ever owned made a noise in speakers around me just before it rang
    Ditto.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast