Hi all, I nuked my BB 8700g yesterday with JavaLoader and installed the latest OS ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

booyau313 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Bug/change in T-Mobile 4.1.0.346 release - missing home screen notifications?

Advertisement

Hi all,

I nuked my BB 8700g yesterday with JavaLoader and installed the latest OS from T-Mobile - 4.1.0.346 using Desktop Manager. Install went without a hitch, but I'm now finding that the Zen theme doesn't show any of the alert icons at the top for unread messages, voicemail, and call forwarding.

2 questions:
    1. Is this a bug or a change in the new version?
    2. If so, does anyone know where to find the last version so I can downgrade?

Thx,
    Booyau

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Bug/change in T-Mobile 4.1.0.346 release - missing home screen notifications?

Welcome to the Stacks Booyau! Did you resend your service books after the install?

Re: Bug/change in T-Mobile 4.1.0.346 release - missing home screen notifications?

Thanks! Good to start posting here after getting so much advice over the last few months. Yes, I did resend the service books via the T-Mobile BIS website. I'm not seeing any notification icons at all - SMS, voicemail, e-mail, etc.

I came across the Indian Bharti 284 build, so I may try downgrading to that if no one has any other ideas. I wasn't crazy about that build, though. The applications menu seemed to have a bug with Alt-Scroll, if I remember correctly.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the new tmobile OS does not support the Zen Theme. I had this problem before that's why I end up downgrading to Sprint OS.(I love it btw) It's no bug, watch try other theme and you should be able to see the alert icons, its just the zen theme. If I were you I will just install the new bharti. Hope this helps!

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

booyau313, Welcome to PinStack.

Check your messages Options/General Options and make sure the settings for Display Message Count and Display New Message Indicator are correctly set.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I had this same problem with some OS versions and the Zen theme. Its not just you.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Thanks for the suggestions, all. I just checked Options | General Options, and all the settings are set up correctly. Looks like it's just a problem with the theme/OS.

A little surprising that it doesn't work correctly, since T-Mobile chose to expose the Zen theme by default on this release. I will try the Bharti release and let you know what happens.

jmb1911 no está en línea Stack level 1

I also find that the delete key is missing in the bookmark menu with this T-Mobile upgrade. I'm at a loss for how to rid myself of unneeded bookmarks. Is there now a new way to do this?

merlin2318 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23D9ED7B

It's very annoying. I am tempted to use the Bharti build but just not sure. Anyone have success with any other builds? The icon notification is so very, very annoying.