OK. I've had my BB 8700c for a few days now. I'm used to using ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Ruminator no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23d2215a

Browser usage

Advertisement

OK. I've had my BB 8700c for a few days now. I'm used to using it, or at least am getting there pretty quickly. Using a PDA for over a decade makes it a lot easier to make the transition.

Anyway, I can ramble on so I'd better get to my point. What is the best way to set up my bookmarks for the browser? Maybe a better question should be what browser should I be using, the Cingular-branded browser or the default BB browser or should I be looking at something third-party?

Is anyone using delicious with their BB? How is that working out?

Anyway, any guidance will be appreciated.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Browser usage

I would use whatever browser gives you the least amount of problems. I don't know anything about delicious.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Use the Default internet browser. The cingular branded one is probably WML only. You can also try Opera Mini if the Blackberry browser isn't working out.

PIN/ID
    23d2215a

Do y'all have any recommendations for setting up and managing bookmarks on the BB? Do you use the browser's bookmarking capability or a portal or what?

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I use the integrated bookmarks. I thought about hosting a page myself with just bookmarks that I could have my bb start up to, but I never got around to it.

PIN/ID
    23d2215a

I wondered if anyone developed a third-party bookmark application. I suppose I could set up a webpage with my bookmarks; it wouldn't be that difficult. For now, I think I'll just use the integrated bookmarks.

Is anyone using any interesting portals as a launch site? I've been working from my Google home page, just because.

squished18 no está en línea Stack level 3

One nice feature of the integrated bookmarks that you might not get with your own webpage is the real-time filtering of bookmarks on the BB. When you open up the BB browser, you will get to a page titled "Bookmarks:" Just start typing in the name of the bookmark and it will filter your bookmark list according to the text you enter. It's a rather efficient method of finding a bookmark quickly.

If you haven't noticed, this real-time filtering works in a number of other contexts including your address book and memopad.

PIN/ID
    23d2215a

That's very cool and I hadn't noticed (yet). I have a lot to learn. I need to get Wife in here to start reading these helpful posts.

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~