Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am currently on Rogers Blackberry 8700R. No data plan. I previously uploaded all my ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

osodope no está en línea Stack level 2

Browser Icon Gone! Help Please.

Advertisement

I am currently on Rogers Blackberry 8700R. No data plan. I previously uploaded all my ringtones thru the simulator process. When i restore some old backups with the browser icon. The browser doesn't seem to work. Please help.

Also. With the 4.2 will i be able to transfer ringtones through bluetooth?

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Re: Browser Icon Gone! Help Please.

Need the Data Plan for the browser to work

So how do i get ringtones?

Purplelighting no está en línea Stack level 2

you can't you have to have a data plan

unless you bluetooth them from another phone or if there is someway to download them from your computer. but if you get them from your carrier then you can't bluetooth them to another phone like if i download them from my wifes phone i cant bluetooth them from her phone to mine i am not sure if you can download them from your computer i am sure that there is a way too...

Quote Originally Posted by osodope
    I am currently on Rogers Blackberry 8700R. No data plan. I previously uploaded all my ringtones thru the simulator process.
    Uploaded from what to what?
    When i restore some old backups with the browser icon. The browser doesn't seem to work. Please help.
    I don't understand what you mean by restoring with the browser icon. On a phone-only device (no data plan) there is no browser icon. You can tell that the browser is available and working by choosing "Help". If Help works, then the browser is OK because it drives Help.
    Also. With the 4.2 will i be able to transfer ringtones through bluetooth?
    No. With Desktop Manager 4.2 you can do so with a USB cable, but Bluetooth on the 8700 series is reserved for headset use only.

i just found that out like 30 seconds ago you have to use usb cable my 8700 will not bluetooth with phones

what can i do? no bluetooth I SHOULD HAVE GOT THE CURVE

8700s DO NOT PLAY WELL WITH OTHERS

Could You Text/sms The Ringtone From One Phone To Another If The Ringtone Isn't Locked Out

Quote Originally Posted by Purplelighting
    Could You Text/sms The Ringtone From One Phone To Another If The Ringtone Isn't Locked Out
    You can MMS a ringtone from one BB to another, but only if both have the appropriate data plan.

No. With Desktop Manager 4.2 you can do so with a USB cable, but Bluetooth on the 8700 series is reserved for headset use only.
    I may take that back -- look at Hayden's piece on the subject: How To Set up Bluetooth PC connectivity (sync)

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if you have tmobile you should atleast have access to Tones and download ringtones from there. Otherwise you can get them online and transfer them via DM

Originally Posted by osodope
    I am currently on Rogers Blackberry 8700R. No data plan. I previously uploaded all my ringtones thru the simulator process.
    Uploaded from what to what? Quote:
    When i restore some old backups with the browser icon. The browser doesn't seem to work. Please help.

I did the all 9 steps of the ringtones without data plan. Desktop manager, Mds simulator, Device Simulator. n i was able to go onto the browser through a simulated usb connnection and download all my ringtones. Now i have no browser icon. So wen i restored old backups that still had the browser icon. I get an error message.

Quote Originally Posted by osodope
    I did the all 9 steps of the ringtones without data plan. Desktop manager, Mds simulator, Device Simulator. n i was able to go onto the browser through a simulated usb connnection and download all my ringtones. Now i have no browser icon. So wen i restored old backups that still had the browser icon. I get an error message.
    What you're trying to do should have nothing to do with the browser or the browser icon. First, start MDS and the simulator; second, do a selective backup from your real BB to the computer using Desktop Manager; Third, restore that backup to the simulator; fourth, download ringtones/pictures from the internet to the simulator; Fifth, do a selective backup from the simulator to the computer; Finally, restore that backup to the real BB. I think your mistake is probably that you went through the process and did a full backup from the real BB and then to the simulation, instead of a selctive backup "content store". Since you don't have a data plan, that would mean that on the simulator the browser icon would not appear, and the internet is no longer available. My suggestion is to start the simulator, do a "Wipe Handheld" on the simulator(!) and start over, remembering to do the selective backup.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast