Can someone please help me . I have a 8707v through Vodafone NZ and cannot ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

kerrane no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2051IE65

Browser Help

Advertisement

Can someone please help me . I have a 8707v through Vodafone NZ and cannot use the browser to access the web. I have resent service books, called vodafone to no avail. Is there way to edit service books directly as I suspect it is the gateway settings. Many thanks.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    kerrane, Welcome to PinStack.

Can you get your email and other messages on your BB? What indication do you have about your Network on the home screen, GMS, gprs/edge or GPRS/EDGE? Try this, Go to Messages and open the menu, Select compose PIN, in the TO: filed type 'mypin ' without the quotes, but with the space. In the subject and body enter "TEST", and select Send from the Menu. What happens?

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    2051IE65
    Thanks Rcbjr. The email and messages are working fine. I can also login to alter my message config from the BB. It is just the browser that doesn't work. The indcator on the BB is 3G:: and sometimes GPRS when I am out of the 3G coverage.

The mypin test you mentioned failed.

Many thanks for your help.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    About the mypin, when you typed it you did put in the space afterwards. Did it convert to your PIN number in the TO field?

I am going to suggest you call you carrier customer care, ask for their BlackBerry support desk and ask them to check to make sure everything is correctly set up for getting the Internet Browser service book

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

PIN/ID
    2051IE65
    Rcbjr

No it didn't convert the pin. Is there any way to change the WAP gateway IP in the service book manually?

Cheers

PIN/ID
    2051IE65
    Also forgot to mention that when I go enter an address in the browser a message comes back "invalid address address" (address is any http address I try).

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Sounds to me like your Account is not completly and properly provisioned. Call your Carrier customer care and ask for the Blackberry Device support. Politely explain your problem and ask that they check to make sure your account is set up properly.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    There's nothing to edit. Your service book will handle configuration. I'm not saying it's impossible that your service books are wrong but it's extremely unlikely. If your PIN test isn't working then your account probably isn't prrovisioned correctly or your service books are messed up. Have you called and asked specifically for data support? You might need to delete the existing service books and have them push them for you.

PIN/ID
    2051IE65
    Thanks everyone. All fixed. I installed thbe "chinese" version of the BB software and all was fixed. Now if only I could get opera mini working!!