i just bought a 8700g off Ebay but the seller has a password on it....the ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

bmallory189 no está en línea Stack level 1

bought a 8700g off ebay.....locked with password

Advertisement

i just bought a 8700g off Ebay but the seller has a password on it....the seller is out of town until january..... is there anyway to reset the device and therefore bypass the password....what happens when we exceed the 10 tries allowed?.....any help would be greatly appreciated

jd885 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: bought a 8700g off ebay.....locked with password

you could try wiping the device and reloading the OS... and usually if you enter more than 10 times it just does a security time out for a few mins unless he set it to a long amount of time.

jd885 no está en línea Stack level 3

I think the maximum amount of time it can time out is 1 hour then you get 10 more tries

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

If you enter the password incorrectly 10 times on a blackberry it will wipe all the info off the unit and restart. Once it restarts it will ask for a new password (if it isn't locked on a BES that auto creates a password {not sure if that is possible}).

Zo

Moridar no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    302686bc

there is a download for killing the BES link.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

Anyone know that link?
    Andy

galuple no está en línea Stack level 1

So is it possible to use the BB desktop software to reset the blackberry then? My friend set a password on her 8700c and forgot the password.

Quote Originally Posted by galuple View Post
    So is it possible to use the BB desktop software to reset the blackberry then? My friend set a password on her 8700c and forgot the password.
    No. If you connect the BB to the computer, the desktop software will ask for the password also. All you need to do, as Amigotek said earlier in the thread, is type in an incorrect password ten times. Along the way, the device will ask you to type in the word "blackberry" a couple of times before you can continue. After the tenth incorrect try, the device will wipe itself. Usually, this takes only a few minutes; however, if Content Protection was enabled it may take quite some time to do, possibly even longer than an hour. After wiping it performs a cold boot, and then when it comes back up it will ask you to enter a new password. Amigotek mentioned the possibility of a BES connection creating another password, but I've never seen that occur, so if it happens it's rare .

If your device was passworded and sold on Ebay, then it's likely that it has an IT policy attached, too. IT policy can be removed by following these instructions: http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy