I have a 8700c and got my folks at work to set up my connection ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

boydwhitman no está en línea Stack level 1

Question both bis and bes

Advertisement

I have a 8700c and got my folks at work to set up my connection using exchange server. However, when I connect at home, it is set up with bis. Now my bes at work is not working wirelessly. Can anyone help me out? Not sure what to do. I've emailed the tech folks at work and will see what they can do but thought I'd ask this group. Thanks...

naviwilliams no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: both bis and bes

Hmm, sorry, it may just be me, but am confused by the question(s)...

When at home, you're not connecting your device to your pc, are you? You should still get work email no matter where you are. As for BIS (internet mail) are you saying you're NOT receiving those emails? What's the email company, gmail, bellsouth, etc? Also, who's the service provider for the device, T-Mobile, Cingular? Depending on which, that could determine how BIS would be setup...

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

There shouldn't be an issue with having both BES and BIS.

Unless your company has disabled this, but I've never heard of that.

Sorry that my question is confusing. I'm new to the bb so let me try again.

At work my system is connected throgh BES. When they first set it up, it worked wirelessly with my outlook calendar, etc. Then I connected it at home through the usb connection and therefafter, my calendar at work does not sync wirelessly with my bb. I also can't connect at home with my address book, tasks, and memos unless I disable the wireless access on my bb that was set up by work for BES.

I'm not sure I'm explaining it any better, but if that clears up what I'm trying to say, can someone help?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Let me see if I understand this. You are trying to sync Wirelessly with your Work BES and using the Desktop Manager and USB with your Personal PC. If that is the case, then I am sure you would have to disable the wireless sync option before syncing with you personal PC as it can only sync with one thing at a time.

I have a feeling this is going to cause problems, unless you want exactly the same items on both your Personal PC and your Work Account. The device probably will not be able to differentiate what it is supposed to sync with which System. Additionally, it will probably take multiple syncs before everything is fully syncronized.

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

resolution no está en línea Stack level 1

yes if you want to sync with desktop manager at home you have yo turn wireless sync off for the PIM databases adn then sync wired and when your done just turn wirleess back on. to turn wireless on/on you would open the database(address book) go to options and set wireless sync to"no" then after you wire sync just go back and change it to "yes"

Thanks for your help. This explains what I have to do. Does it also explain why it is not syncing wirelessly when I turn all of those items back to wireless on after I disconnect from my pc? I'm able to use email just fine but the calendar, etc. is not syncing wirelessly at work.

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Per RIM from the last time I brought it up on a customer's call they really don't recommend you syncing on 2 different PCs with completely different configurations like that. Yes it MAY work, but the possibility of issues is very high.