Want to know how to transfer files from my BB via Bluetooth to another phone. ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

maliboo no está en línea Stack level 2

Bluetooth

Advertisement

Want to know how to transfer files from my BB via Bluetooth to another phone. My friend was trying to send a file to me but each time he selects the the method to send the file my phone is no longer in the list and when he searches it says no device found. If he comes out of the application and searches for me it picks up my phone without a problem but once he is trying to send something my device is nowhere to be found. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: Bluetooth

87xx models to my understanding don't have the OBEX bluetooth profile to send and receive files.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

DCookSta is correct..

maliboo no está en línea Stack level 2

Ok thanks for the info. So whats the bluetooth for? To use like with the bluetooth earpiece? So can the OBEX profile be loaded to the 87xx?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

On the 87xx Bluetooth is designed for phone calls, thats really the extent of the BT...

sts0801 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~anyone know why my 8703e won't connect to my headset, even though the earpiece is the same, my BB had to be replaced when it locked up in a reboot cycle; I was given a new 8703e and it has minor differences (software-wise) from the older model.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Have you paired your new 8703 with your headset? They have to be paired first before you can actually use them connected.

Zo.

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

I think OS 4.2 for the 8700, whenever it gets here, will allow data transfer via BT. But then we won't really know until it is released.

IODebbie no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BBCB3E

Can't you also use bluetooth on the 8703e for wireless tethering to a laptop (assuming the laptop has bluetooth and you have the proper software)?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    On the 87xx Bluetooth is designed for phone calls, thats really the extent of the BT...
    ...and GPS
    ...and the smart card reader
    ...and desktop sync (refer to RIM's knowledgebase for detailed instructions)
    ...and supported BT keyboards

Just a little more than "just phone calls".

BT cannot be used for tethering, however.

I don't know if anyone has checked to see if 4.2 for the 8700 has enabled BT file transfers though. On other BB's that can transfer via BT the transfer must be initiated on the BB in all cases (whether sending or receiving).

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

The 4.2 OS does enable bluetooth transfers. You do have to turn the BB in receive or send mode but I have transfered pictures between my PDA and a Nokia phone.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dolphinrich no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3048e0cb
    Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek
    Have you paired your new 8703 with your headset? They have to be paired first before you can actually use them connected.

Zo.
    Some headsets, need to be cleared (it may have a max number of connections allowed. We have seen that with some headsets we were recently testing. I would check the headset manual and see if there are instructions to clear all current pairs.