Hi all, For those of you who don't remember my headset issue, here's a link ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Nitroburn no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F1F2D9

Bleutooth Headset Issues (Revisited/Resolved)

Advertisement

Hi all,

For those of you who don't remember my headset issue, here's a link to the original post...

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...et_issues.html

The issue has finally been fixed!!! It was the Blackberry itself. I was recently at a Cingular store trying to correct an issue with another BB 8700c (I'm a network engineer so I get to deal with all of the issues ). So while I was there, I inquired about my issue. The rep at the store said the its a power-mode "feature" on the Bluetooth service on the Blackberry and to override it you turn the Discoveable setting to ON instead of OFF. Well, I'm not a Rocket Scientist but I do know a lot about electronics and how they function - it's my job. But, I went along with it. While in the store, it seemed like "maybe" that was the trick to fix it as the headset stayed connected to the Blackberry for over 10 minutes.

I wasn't in the car for 5 minutes when the headset started to disconnect / reconnect!! However, I willl say that with the Discoverable set to ON, the headset would reconnect immediately! But, I still wasn't happy. So the next day I went down there with both of my headsets an ask the rep to pull out a new 8700c, let's pair them up and see what happens. The rep was was helpful and we tested it newer unit with the two different headsets for over an hour.

To sum it up - it was the Blackberry. Luckly, mine was less then 30 days old and the rep swapped it out right there with the new one we used for the test.

Now I love my blackberry even more!!!

I wanted to thank all of you who replied and attempted to help resolve my issue. I've never seen a user forum with such knowledgeable, pleasent (and at the same time, funny) people who really go out of their way to help others.

Thanks agian....

Later,
    Mike

ps: There was something I did notice on the new device BEFORE I turned on the BES service with my corporate email - under the Bluetooth options, it listed the following services as being avilable: HEADSET, HANDSFREE, DESKTOP SYNCHRONIZATION and BLUETOOTH DATA TRANSFER. After I initcialized the BES, the DESKTOP and DATA TRANSFER disappeared. Hum.....

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

berry-bum no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Bleutooth Headset Issues (Revisited/Resolved)

I would feel more comfortable with this explanation, if... I also pair my plantronics 510 headset with my Razr V3c. It does the exact same thing as far as diconnecting and reconnecting. And, I had the same issue using my old 7100t. Plantronics however does admit that the headset is designed to power down if there is no activity for a few minutes. Ergo, the 'problem' is by design, however annoying it is.
    Don't let the number of posts fool you...

8310 4.5.0.69 (2.7.0.72)

Nitroburn no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F1F2D9

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    That's strange because I never had a problem with the Plantronics when it was pared to my RAZR V3.

berry-bum no está en línea Stack level 2

I dont know if its a problem exactly. The headset goes into standby mode after a few minutes. If a call comes in, the pairing reconnects. I dont like the Motorola headsets, so I will live with it.
    Don't let the number of posts fool you...

8310 4.5.0.69 (2.7.0.72)