Is there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction? I am ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

andi968 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry Service Software??????

Advertisement

Is there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction?

I am looking for software to interogate and fully wipe the Blackberrys Rom. I have tried JL_Cmder but found that very limited and not quite what I am looking for!!!

I have trawled though the internet looking for Blackberry service software without any success I did consider looking on a waraz site but decided against that as I dont want my PC or phone screwing up

Many Thanks in Advance

Andrew

fbriceno97 Guest

Re: Blackberry Service Software??????

I have not seen anything like it, just JL_Cmder.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

What are you trying to do? JL_Cmdr wipes as much as can be rewritten using publicly available tools. Anything else will permanently disable your BB. You could use javaloader, which is what JL_Cmdr uses and will give you more control of things and more options.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    What are you trying to do? JL_Cmdr wipes as much as can be rewritten using publicly available tools. Anything else will permanently disable your BB. You could use javaloader, which is what JL_Cmdr uses and will give you more control of things and more options.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr
    Hi again Rcbjr
    I am trying to wipe all past passwords...As I like to use ******** (blanked out for obvious reasons lol) as a password however when I try changing to this it says this password has expired please enter a new password. Also I have no option to dissable the password.
    The other reason is I want to give an old BB7230 to my mom who btw is 70 because of the large LCD screen and the ease she can view it. However having to enter a password every time she wishs to use it is a bit difficult for her.

Many Thanks
    Andrew

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

You're running into a problem discussed extensively here and on all BB forums - the dreaded IT Policy set to require a password! Luckily, fixing the problem is also well documented - HERE.
    JerryD

Quote Originally Posted by jdellasala
    You're running into a problem discussed extensively here and on all BB forums - the dreaded IT Policy set to require a password! Luckily, fixing the problem is also well documented - HERE.

Hi There

Have tried that one however I am running another monoply orientated OS on my PC called Vista (lol not) when I start desktop manager it comes up "error reading policy plz contact yr Admin"
    As a Microsoft registered partner I am the Admin on my network....The only thing I have thought about is installing XP or lower on a old PC and trying again

Seems a lot of hard work for something that should be so simple

Thanx

Andrew

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Make sure you're running Desktop Manager 4.2 SP 1 if you are running Vista.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by andi968
    Seems a lot of hard work for something that should be so simple
    It's hard because 1. you're using Vista and 2. BB IT policies have to be difficult to remove otherwise they're useless.

But DM 4.2 SP1 should help with 1.
    Last edited by takeshi; 05-07-2007 at 01:01 PM.