i was in the middle of a text when my screen went completely white. it ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

jamesTx! no está en línea Stack level 2

blackberry quit working

Advertisement

i was in the middle of a text when my screen went completely white. it came back a couple of times. but now after taking the battery out, i don't get a screen at all. i'm kinda freakin out. none of my contacts are on my sim card.
    any suggestions?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    jamesTx!, Welcome to PinStack.

First, Have you tried to backup your BB? Do you have Desktop Manager (DM)installed on your PC? Try connecting your BB to DM. See if you can do a Back up of your handheld.

I'm thinking this is a hardware problem, but an OS reload may just take care of it. I suggest you download JL_Cmder and use the BB Screen shot feature to see what the BB is trying to display. If it shows a proper screen then It's probably hardware related.

Let us know what is happening.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

thanx. i'll try.

ok. i got a screen for now. it has a weird message. uncaught exception process Blackberry_8700_4$2e1$2e10_i_tmo_4IM(97) killed due to message overflow... now the screen is white and blank again.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Can you connect to Desktop Manager? See if you can do a Backup. This will let us know if the device is hung up or not. Do the battery pull just before connecting you BB to your PC and see if DM will detect and connect the BB.

Keep us up to date.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

i'm trying to install the desktop manager to my mac but i can't open it for some reason.

PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    James,

There's the problem, You are going to need PocketMac. Didn't see any mention of a Mac, so I led you wrong. I believe the current version is 4.0. Check out the Mac and Blackberry Forum for more specific help with you Mac/Blacberry Combination. There are several threads that you will want to peruse, one being Sync BlackBerry with Mac - Pocketmac

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer

o.k. had no luck with pocketmac... went to a friends house with DM and it didn't recognize my device, although my PIN number came up. i read the other threads for device recognition and still no dice. Then his PC freaked out and he blamed it on me. Do I have a new paperweight? I'm thinking of sending it somewhere but I don't want to put a bunch of money down and have the same results. Could this have anything to do with downloading Google maps the day before this all happened? I hate to admit I'm losing hope.