Hi All I recently purchased a Blackberry 8700 in good faith via eBay having never ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

Don-aldinho! no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Blackberry eBay BIS created using PIN- HELP!!!!

Advertisement

Hi All

I recently purchased a Blackberry 8700 in good faith via eBay having never used a blackberry before I had no idea what the PIN/IMEI stuff was all about.

Anyway the long and the short of this is that I now have a blackberry that I cannot use for web browsing and I am also unable to have my personal email pushed through to the device.

Does anyone have any idea how to help me?

Even if someone know how to set up my intnernet stuff. i have been in touch with O2 via the store and they simply advised to ask the previous owner to phone customer services and advise he "gave" the phone to a friend and ask them to release the settings- he said he would be in touch that was near on 2 weeks ago now!

I have a data package as part of my tarriff so I do have this set up. If anyone can help with any of this, please please advise. Im new to this so please be help

Cheers, D.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Blackberry eBay BIS created using PIN- HELP!!!!

It will be necessary for the previous owner to call and release the PIN. Keep emailing him through eBay, everyday if necessary, and request he take the 5 minutes to call and release the PIN. You can also leave negative feedback for him through eBay.

Keep hounding him though, eventually he'll take care of business.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

Re: Blackberry eBay BIS created using PIN- HELP!!!!

As the above poster says, the previous owner must call his carrier to cancel their BIS account. You might be able to do it, but that is very iffy. As a last resort, you can have it escalated to RIM, but you will need to provide proof of purchase.

If the seller's account is not in good standing or the phone has been reported as lost or stolen, you are basically out of luck.

Check the FAQ at blackberryforums.com. It has some really good info on buying a used BB.