I downloaded a theme ota and when the download completed, the blackberry restarted and nown ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

anandsihra no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20922A41

blackberry doesnt turn on

Advertisement

I downloaded a theme ota and when the download completed, the blackberry restarted and nown it won't start up. It will flash the red light, the Hourglass will appear for about 30 secondsand then will restart again.

Quote Originally Posted by anandsihra View Post
    I downloaded a theme ota and when the download completed, the blackberry restarted and nown it won't start up. It will flash the red light, the Hourglass will appear for about 30 secondsand then will restart again.
    Follow these instructions:

How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Hope you've done a recent backup, cuz this process will wipe your Berry - but at least you know it isn't dead! Follow the instructions to the letter! I've done this a couple of times, and it is ligit. GL!!

Krazy Kat no está en línea Stack level 3
    Have you tried a battery pull? That seems to fix a good portion of the problems people have around here with their bb's. I have to do one 2-5 times a day for various reasons and it fixes the problem every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy Kat View Post
    Have you tried a battery pull? That seems to fix a good portion of the problems people have around here with their bb's. I have to do one 2-5 times a day for various reasons and it fixes the problem every time.
    Battery pull won't be sufficient here. We've probably got 50 threads where people attempt to download an application or theme, and their handhelds refuse to initialize. Doing a cold boot by pulling the battery only leaves it in the same loop. The link I listed above must be one of the most popular and most beloved posts in the history of Pinstack -- Saved many devices!!

Krazy Kat no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Stone View Post
    Battery pull won't be sufficient here. We've probably got 50 threads where people attempt to download an application or theme, and their handhelds refuse to initialize. Doing a cold boot by pulling the battery only leaves it in the same loop. The link I listed above must be one of the most popular and most beloved posts in the history of Pinstack -- Saved many devices!!
    I like to try the simple solutions first and keep my fingers crossed that they will work before I move on to the bigger and better solutions. Guess I'm just a dreamer. Never occured to me that it was the hourglass of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy Kat View Post
    I like to try the simple solutions first and keep my fingers crossed that they will work before I move on to the bigger and better solutions. Guess I'm just a dreamer. Never occured to me that it was the hourglass of death.
    "The Hourglass of Death" -- Sounds like the title of the next "Halloween" sequel!!

PIN/ID
    20922A41
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

What do they mean by step 2- install the handheld software? Where do I get this software and how do I install it? My bb won't connect to the computer even.without the battery.

PIN/ID
    20922A41
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~please help me find this software.

PIN/ID
    LESS
    go to your carriers website or to blackberry.com

All blackberry's have a operating system just like a pc or a mac

PIN/ID
    20922A41
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~alright, after having the time of my life downloading the software, I finally got the thing working. Thanks for your help.