BlackBerry 8700 Won't Connect To Carrier?.I just don't understand why! I put my active sim ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

WymanD no está en línea Stack level 1

BlackBerry 8700 Won't Connect To Carrier?

Advertisement

BlackBerry 8700 Won't Connect To Carrier?.I just don't understand why! I put my active sim in it(ATT&T), it shows searching for network when I turn the radio on, then after some searching, it says no service found. I know the sim is active and good, cause it works just fine in my Pearl, soon as I put it in the Pearl, it starts right up without even having to turn on the radio.
    So anyway, I'm thinkin the 8700 is locked to another network, I go on ebay, find a good unlock service, and purchase an unlock code for it. No problem, within seconds, I now have an unlocked 8700.
    I'm feeling real good about the 8700 now, cause I'm thinkin, great, no prob now. It should connect, and we're good to go. Sooo, I put the active sim back in it...sigh......same old, same old. I dunno, it's got me baffled. An unlocked Blackberry 8700, practically new, and it won't even work as a phone. Any input, any help here would be much appreciated.
    Thanks ahead of time for your help
    Wyman

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: BlackBerry 8700 Won't Connect To Carrier?

have you tried a restart after you put the sim and don't get signal

how is the signal strength where you are? maybe its not strong enough for the 8700?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

fdjordan no está en línea Stack level 2

I've seen this on several 8700 the radio chip on the circuit is probably bad. This normally is due to previous h20 damage. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

WymanD no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by fdjordan View Post
    I've seen this on several 8700 the radio chip on the circuit is probably bad. This normally is due to previous h20 damage. via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    How would I tell if it's been water damaged? Is there something to look for in the handset itself?

Thanks
    Wyman

AllMiss no está en línea Stack level 1

WymanD - did you ever figure out a solution? I'm having the same problem and it's driving me crazy! I've sat on the phone with RIM for at least a total of 15 hours trying to trouble-shoot my phone.

frankie8700g no está en línea Stack level 1

Why would water affect the radio chip alone? There must be something else.
    Is it something that can be fixed?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

There's no way to accurately guess what water damage will and will not do to a device. It does sound like this is a defective BB.

gshepherdgirl no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i had the exact same thing happen to an unlocked refurbished 7230 I purchased from a big name store on-line. Never did get it resolved