Hi, I've got a Blackberry 8700 and the other day tried to download some themes ... RIM Blackberry 87xx forum

vigan no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry 8700 Frozen!!

Advertisement

Hi, I've got a Blackberry 8700 and the other day tried to download some themes from website, I then through the Deskop Manager tried to upload to the device but something happened and now it's showing a white screen with the 'hourglass' icon. I tried to remove the battery for 30 seconds, but my Blackberry 8700g continues to show the everlasting hourglass.
    Whatelse can I do??

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Blackberry 8700 Frozen!!

Sounds like your themes bricked you BB. I've done it myself...more than once. Do you have desktop manager and 8700 series handheld software installed on you computer?

And welcome to Pinstack!!
    Andy

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

You may need to reinstall your OS, if so here is a link with instructions -- they must be followed exactly and sometimes it takes more than one attempt to work:
    How To: ReInstall OS When Computer Won't Recognize The Device Is Connected

Thanks for your welcoming Schufly. Yes I do have a Desktop Manager installed, version 4.3. Now I'm not sure about the 8700 series software?? Doesn't that mean that the 4.3 Desktop Manager is completely different to the handheld software??
    If thats the case than I don't have it. Please help.
    I bought the phone on E-bay and it was working fine until the theme's downloads. Now the Desktop manager cannot detect the Blacberry 8700 as per Cyberspastic's instructions (which I thank you by the way, Cyberspastic).

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

who is your carrier? you can download the latest operating software on your carrier's page - look here to find it:

Links to Carrier BIS Login Pages.

Hi there, me again.
    On my Desktop Manager - Device Software tab, it seems that the software has been wiped out... I am having dificulties of finding the 8700 Device Software because do not know weather the 'Desktop Manager' or 'Desktop Software' or else will do as a Device Software!!!
    Simple; is there a Device Software for Blackberry 8700f to be downloaded??? if so what would be the name of it...
    Thanks

smooth10 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    21CB9337
    Anyone have the link or answer to this?

01spyder no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by vigan View Post
    Hi there, me again.
    On my Desktop Manager - Device Software tab, it seems that the software has been wiped out... I am having dificulties of finding the 8700 Device Software because do not know weather the 'Desktop Manager' or 'Desktop Software' or else will do as a Device Software!!!
    Simple; is there a Device Software for Blackberry 8700f to be downloaded??? if so what would be the name of it...
    Thanks
    I messed my berry up and reloaded 4.5 OS for 8700v:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...19656875EE557C

Found it the info here:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...languages.html

works GREAT on my 8700c now! + I have nice 4.5 themes